Wii Component Cables Available from Nintendo

Discussion in 'Games' started by gkarris, Jan 1, 2007.

1. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

Several days ago I ordered the Wii Component Cables directly from Nintendo.com, and two days after my order, I got a shipment confirmation.

They are limiting them to 1 per household though.. :(

2. risc macrumors 68030

risc

In Australia you buy them in store. Unfortunately they are hardly ever available at the moment. I own 2 sets 1 for myself and a 2nd I'll sell to 1 of my mates with a Wii when they finally get around to understanding how bad the Wii looks without them. I'm not one of those ebay scumbags though so I'll sell mine at the price I purchased them for.

Anywho I hope your cables arrive soon the picture quality is quite a bit better using them.

3. RichP macrumors 68000

RichP

Lucky. I ordered mine from Nintendo, they didn't ship for weeks. Its hard enough finding a Wii around the US, easier just to order the cables from Nintendo.

They make a DRAMATIC(!) difference in graphics. Be sure to set your Wii to 480p resolution when you get them.

4. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Have a bit of a newb question

If I have the component port on the TVs with my Wii...does that mean the cables will improve the graphics no matter what the resolution?

5. RichP macrumors 68000

RichP

Yes. Component vs. Composite (what it comes with) is a huge difference, regardless of television.

6. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Ok..off to buy them from Nintendo.com(and I past up a 3rd party in walmart yesterday) :eek:

Still I'll be glad to get offical Nintendo ones

7. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

I've had mine for about 3 weeks now, huge difference.
    I would very highly recommend the Component cables

8. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Well I just bought them!

Of course now I might need to buy a TV for my room that doesn't burry the image on its own :)

Or maybe its just the composite plug on the TV...well find out :)

9. kjr39 macrumors 6502

Did you get a ship date from nintendo? Last I looked the date was unavailable.

10. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Not yet so far it just saying they are working on my order

11. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

I got the component cables from Nintendo about 3 weeks ago. Overall it helps with clarity, sharpness, and it seems brighter. I can see "static" on the channels that have nothing on them when with composite i couldnt, of course i could just be drunk and blind and i wont deny either :D

Zelda and Madden seem to have the biggest difference in my library. Red Steel I didnt see a huge gain, Rayman only runs in 480i, SMB was a bit brighter, Excite Truck i didnt notice much, Wii sports i saw very little improvement, I cant comment on differences with Elebits as i never had to use it while on composite.

This is all running off of a 52" 1080p Display

Ed

12. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

LOL, that's the first thing I noticed too. :) Also you can see textures on the walls of the tennis court that I didnt see with composite.

13. Kirbdog macrumors regular

Kirbdog

Ordered mine from nintendo.ca, said that they would be backordered with no time frame for shipping. They showed up in less than a week. I was quite pleased with my luck. Worth every cent!:)

14. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Order mine last night...this morning I got shipping confirmation!

15. gkarris thread starter macrumors 604

gkarris

Yep, as in the stores the salespeople said they are only getting the third party ones. To get the Nintendo one, you have to order it from nintendo.com. That coupled with the fact of only 1 per household is making it easy to get!

16. atomheartmother macrumors regular

So is it really worth getting them if you still run in the regular 480i or whatever mode. I have a cheap Wal-Mart TV that happens to have compenent inputs. Is there really that much difference. I've used component cables with a PS2 and an Xbox before and didn't notice a HUGE difference.

17. Gizmotoy macrumors 65816

Gizmotoy

I would say it's worth it. Clarity of text and reduced red bleed would be enough motivation for me, should I not have had an HDTV.

However, the improvement will be exactly the same as you saw with your PS2 and XBox. It's an improvement, but not a HUGE improvement.

18. Film Divine macrumors newbie

If they could only boost their console production and we'd be set.:D