Wii Connect 24 Update Error?.....

Discussion in 'Games' started by SamIchi, Dec 3, 2006.

1. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

I've heard about this and my Wii that I just got is gettin the error when it tries to update. Is there any solutions. All I could find is that you have to replace it with Nintendo, or send it in for repairs to Nintendo. I don't want to either. I've also read that you could try turning off your computers so the Wii can get a good connection with the Wi-fi but I didn't try it yet.

Anyone else got this problem?

2. rtdgoldfish macrumors 6502a

rtdgoldfish

I've had no problems with the Wii connecting to my wireless network. I've got a PC and a laptop as well as the Wii and the 360 all on the wireless network so I don't think that would be a problem unless you have some sort of program running that is hogging all the bandwidth.

You made sure that your connection is setup correctly?? If you are on a secure network, make sure you typed in the password correctly. If your connection is fine and it still won't connect, might be time to give Nintendo a call. Their tech support should be pretty helpfull.

3. SamIchi thread starter macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Yea, everything is good to go. I Googled my error code and it's prevalent in many Wii's. Nintendo will replace them if you want. It could be either, youre Wii is defective and can't connect to the internet to download an update, or there is too much traffic. I'm hoping the later, since this was another "launch" there were probably a lot of people tryin to get that update.

4. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

I hope you get it worked out. :(

I didn't update my Wii until late the first night on the 19th, so had no issues.

<]=)

5. AJ Muni macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

This is off topic, but I'm glad you finally got your Wii SamIchi! You enjoyin' it?

6. SamIchi thread starter macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Thanks man. I'm glad I finally got it too. I played it a lot on TG and it was awesome. I don't really have time for Zelda right now, but when Finals are over, I'm goin' to live in Hyrule. :D

7. Malus macrumors 6502

My finals week is next week, but i still choose to live in Hyrule...hehe, looks like im bombing all the finals unless the questions are "who is the twilight princess?"

8. SamIchi thread starter macrumors 68030

SamIchi

I'll enjoy it more, knowing I don't have to worry about school work. I need all the time I can get. Zelda will have to wait to be saved. :D

9. seenew macrumors 68000

seenew

I have yet to get to the Wii Shop, because it takes so damn long to load. It's ridiculous. :(

10. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

What kind of connection are you on? It only takes about 10 seconds, if that for me to connect.

<]=)