Wii console save memory is corrupted

Discussion in 'Games' started by bluebomberman, Mar 10, 2007.

1. bluebomberman macrumors 6502a

bluebomberman

WHY? WHY? WHY?

Anybody else have this problem so far?

I'm going to have to send it off for repairs. *sniff*.

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

How did that happen?! :eek: gonna backup mine now just to be safe!

which system version are you running?

3. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Thats sad to hear man..I wonder what caused it. Did you try to update/hack or something?

Bless

4. bluebomberman thread starter macrumors 6502a

bluebomberman

I don't even have Wi-Fi here. I piggybacked someone's connection once in early January to download the update for enabling SD cards, but that's it.

It happened in Madden '07's Superstar mode, which is automatically set to autosave after every event. I was just finishing up my first training camp session in season 2 with my linebacker when the error message came up.

Looked at Nintendo's support site: doesn't appear to be any way for me to try to fix it on my own.

I don't get it. Flash memory isn't supposed to go kaput this quickly. Thankfully, I don't have much save data worth panicking about (already beat Zelda, I can always make a new Madden superstar, and my Wii Sports scores have plateaued), but the hassle of scrounging up a box and sending this thing cross-country and waiting for a week or two does not please me at all.

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

F-Zero GX used to wipe 3rd party memory cards back on the cube (something about them not being fast to write to?). Sounds like faulty memory chips.

Complain to high heavens and get some free Wii Points out of it ;)

6. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

I've heard of this happening before on other forums. I make sure to backup my VC games and my save games. Elebits is a bit of a pain though since it doesnt allow you to copy the save file :(

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Really? Sounds like an extremely isolated case.

Nonetheless I'm starting a backup regime (just started on my Mac since a few folders magically vanished :confused: ).

8. bluebomberman thread starter macrumors 6502a

bluebomberman

Wait a minute.

Clicked on your Google search, and look what came up?

So maybe the same thing's happening on the Wii? Can it be that Madden killed my system memory? Or is it isloated to that one Superstar file?

Investigating now...

9. bluebomberman thread starter macrumors 6502a

bluebomberman

Yes!!!!!

Stupid Madden. Turns out only the file itself is corrupted. My other Superstar works. Zelda saves and loads fine. So does Wii Sports.

I lost one Superstar, but I can live with that.

I ought to tell the Nintendo support site that the error message "Wii console save memory is corrupted" does not mean a totally bricked Wii!

Here's hoping Superstar mode doesn't destroy my entire system memory...

10. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Crazy! So is it the same as the PS2 problem? Strange how Maddens been on the Wii for a while and it's not that big on Google. I'd still contact Nintendo and tell them. They might contact EA, or just tell them yourself. Maybe.

11. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Yes the Wii sh*ts roses, i forgot.. :rolleyes:

tsk.. i never said it was wide spread, i just said i had heard of it before. Are you and every other fanboy here that defensive over anything negative against Nintendo? OR are you just defensive since there has been some negative press lately, and talks of people getting sick of motion control, or that its just a fad? It is a mass produced piece of electronics, its bound to have SOME issues. Every console that has been introduced to mass market has had issues, minor or otherwise.

My PS3 freezes for 2-4 seconds intermittently if i watch a blu-ray movie and leave wifi on, its a known issue after firmware 1.51 that in other forums has been discussed. If you brought this up i wouldnt dig on you, its electronics mate. Nintendo isnt perfect.

Ed

12. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I'm just saying, outside of this one case I've never heard of this happening. Neither has Google. Or on the other forums I'm on (even the anti-Nintendo ones).
    Come on now.

ps. My Wii crashes 1 in 5 times booting up the Mii channel. Once on the shop channel. only on bootups mind.

13. plinkoman macrumors 65816

plinkoman

chill out. all he said was he never heard of the problem before. you saying you've heard of it doesn't mean it's widespread, just like him saying he hadn't heard of it doesn't mean he's saying the damn thing cures cancer.