Wii Controller Shell!

Discussion in 'Games' started by Tommyg117, May 9, 2006.

1. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

2. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

No, no, no! The GC controller looks so much more comfortable than that. It looks like you would have to bend your thumbs down to reach the analogs as there are no handles.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/e3_2006/wii/controller.html
    Seems to have named it "Classic Controller".

Woah, don't get me started :p :D

3. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

What do you mean the 'Z' Button being used on the N64? The 64 introduced the Z button. Or do you mean , is there a Z button? I'm sure there is a button on the bottom of that thing.

EDIT: Also there are 4 ports for GameCube controllers to be plugged in the Wii, so you won't really have to buy these other controllers. WaveBird Lives on!

4. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

Agreed. I already have three reliable GC controllers, why dump them?

5. Tommyg117 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

Yeah I mean the Z button was necessary for a lot of games such as Goldeneye (which may or may not be released for the virtual console). It appears that this controller might have the Z button in the same fashion as the gamecube controller which would make games like goldeneye really awkward to play.

Granted, I'll probably mostly be playing super nes games on my wii as far as the virtual console goes. Any maybe majora's mask because I havn't played it full way through. I can use the GC controller for that.

6. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

Does the Wii "Remote" part plug into that or is that controller as seen in the image used instead of the "Remote" part? :confused:

7. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

yep. i'm with ya... i don't even wanna hear "nintendo is ripping off sony..." EVER.

8. RoxStrongo macrumors regular

RoxStrongo

i remember when the playstation was first announced and i was watching gamesmaster. dom diamond remarked how the controller was similar to the snes with shoulder buttons.

9. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

The more I look at that thing the more I think it's a completely seperate controller. It's got a plug, which I would hazzard to guess connects to the GCN ports on the Wii... It's probably designed to be used with NES, SNES, SMS, Genesis, and TBGX16 games. I bet they toss one in the box for free, or sell them for $9.99, with some free download credits or something.

I'd say that they will still make a WaveBird-esqu shell for the Wiimote for GCN games, and for N64 games with a little button mapping. I'm hoping that they also release an actual N64 shell, since that was one of my favorite controllers ever.

10. Sutekidane macrumors 6502a

Sutekidane

11. plinkoman macrumors 65816

plinkoman

looks like crap. i guess i'll just plug my wavebird in to play virtual console games, because i'm not wasting money on that. :cool:

12. DISCOMUNICATION macrumors 6502a

DISCOMUNICATION

Sensor bar

You need to put a wired "sensor bar" on top of your TV:confused: :(
    [​IMG]

13. technocoy macrumors 6502a

technocoy

I saw this too...

I'm actually wondering if this bar has some other purpose... did anyone notice the guy in the metroid video crouching to turn into the morph ball? I'm thinking this thing might actually read some motion from the user as well. They did say there were more secrets last year and so far we haven't seen those. unless the speaker in the controller is it, in which case i will be pissed. lol.

this "sensobar" thing is interesting.

14. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

The sensor triangulates with the remote to determine it's exact position in the room and distance from the TV.

15. cazlar macrumors 6502

To clarify, as far as I understand there are 3 different "controllers" for the Wii. The "remote" which is the main one you do all the fancy motion-sensing/pointing stuff with. The second is the Nunchuk controller which plugs into the remote (adding an analogue control essentially, plus it may have it's own sensors too? - it at least has an accelerometer in it).

And lastly this newly revealed "Classic controller" which looks more like the ones we are used to, and I'm guessing is there mainly for backwards-compatability reasons