Wii Dog Tags!! Oh, and some controller gloves and carrying cases!

Discussion in 'Games' started by twistedlegato, Oct 8, 2006.

1. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

2. takao macrumors 68040

takao

the Wii dog tags are kinda ridiculous .. i'm more interested in the stuff which isn't photographed close up.. are those wii carrying bags or something like that ?

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Wii dog tags... would make for a nice keyring. my N64 keyring broke some months back so I need something new. that'd be nice.

^that does look like a Wii carry case. Looks to be the same size as the machine.

I found this to be the funniest comment of the afternoon, from Joystiq too (PIGS CAN FLY)
    "Looks like SOMEONE is actually going to have product available for purchase on launch day. Talk about revolution(ary)!"

Nintendo did say they still had "revolutionary" features left to announce a while back. Could a decent launch be it? Thank god for a pleasant launch.

4. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

Looks like there was an earthquake while he was taking some of those photos.

5. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I'll stick with my World of Warcraft dog tag :)

<-- Geek :p

6. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

7. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

wow how to saturate a store with a load of of crap....

Nintendo obviously have a problem with superfluous wii :D

8. DEXTERITY macrumors 6502a

told you guys there would be faceplates for the controllers lol

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

You did :) but to be honest, with the style of the Wii controller it could have easily been guessed. heck I've read it on other forums before. but you've been right about millions of other things so you're alright :p

10. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

11. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

The same world where you can buy "collectors" editions of games that come in a metal tin. The same world where a carry case for a PSP costs more than a game. A world where GTA:LCS PSP costs exactly double the price as the PS2 version. A world where people enjoy gathering up balls of rubbish, living in a village or making music with strange creatures.

A very strange world indeed :p

12. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

i guess... the same world where people pay 2 dollars for horse armour in Obilivion, or a few bucks for 3rd jerseys in Madden *sigh* Makes me happy that i have never bought any of that junk before, just gimmie the game

13. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I hear ya. A bit of level-headedness is what we need en masse. Show the devs how ridiculous they are.
    I think Zelda has the collectors edition right. Nothing too fancy, just a gold coloured disc+box for the first batch that costs the same as the regular game. Heck Windwaker Collectors edition gave you the OoT Master Quest as a freebie!

14. twistedlegato thread starter macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

It does not work:eek:

What is it?

15. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

Exactly I'm not bad with the developers for charging us 4.99$ for a badly done texture and model (horse armor in oblivion) I'm angry with the idiots who actually buy that stuff, if they keep buying them, the developers will keep releasing them and more stuff will be stripped from the game to be put up as downloadable content and expansion packs will either dissapear or have very little additional content for the price.

Whatever happened to 30$ expansions with LOTS of extra content... hell nowadays you can get The Frozen Throne for about 5$, now THATS value.

Man, games are far too expensive, the only way to reduce piracy is reduce the price of games AND increase the quality of games at the same time, I would definitely consider a game for 30$, but when you ask me to shell out 60$ for a crappy X360 game... then I get mad.

16. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Wow@the level of retardation of these products. Dog tags? PFT. The first person I see wearing those on the street is gonna get a foot in their ass.

17. twistedlegato thread starter macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

Dog tags.... I think they are aiming for people to put them on bookbags or other places..Not relly on your dug..i hope:eek:

18. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

:D

19. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

I just hope that
    A) Downloadable content on Forza 2 will work like the extra maps for Halo 2 (pay for a few weeks, then free to all), or even better, always free.
    2) Someone commented on the CoD3 article that 3rd party games could use WiiConnect for multiplayer, even if it's not in the game itself. I don't see how it could work, but I hope it happens anyway.

20. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

1) Well there's a fare amount of downloadbable content on the older games which is now free so I gues it will be... It will NEVER always be free.

2) I'm guessing that was pure bull speculation. Hell even Ninty havent got a working multiplayer online game for wii yet so heaven help us...

21. mkaake macrumors 65816

Yeah, i'm sure they will...

:rolleyes:

There was one in there I thought was pretty cool, but with the blurry pics, it was a bit easy to over-look - a stand to hold 4 controllers at once. Pretty cool, IMHO.

And every console ends up with it's fair share of products that some other fanboy will call retarded, it's a part of life.

22. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I trust the PS3 fans who said "Rumble was crap anyway" will turn in disgust at 3rd party PS3 rumble controllers when they eventually come out.

23. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

yup, rumble was (for the most part) crap, for some games it had its uses for sure, but i certainly will not miss it.

24. twistedlegato thread starter macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

In Mario Party alot of Mini-Games use rumble!

25. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

Works for me. It's the cases.