Wii/DS Q3 US Release Dates

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Sky Blue, May 21, 2007.

1. Guest

Sky Blue

now i have to start metroid 2!

(bolding mine)

2. macrumors 68000

sam10685

Those are awesome! I really want news on Super Mario Galaxy though.

Edit: ...or a New Super Mario Bros. 2 type of game for the DS.

3. macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

One whole game I want, Sim City DS. And thats a pretty crappy Wii lineup :(

*back to waiting for Mario Galaxy*

4. macrumors Core

Dagless

"Prime 3 isn't coming out this year" :D

Prime 3, Mario Strikers, Battalion Wars 2, Pinball collection are as good as mine.
    Brain Age 2, Chibi Robo, SimCity, maybe Worms (hopes for improvement on old game) are mine too.

5. macrumors 603

zelmo

Nintendo Wii
    Mario Strikers Charged
    Brunswick Pro Bowling

Nintendo DS
    Brain Age 2: More Training in Minutes a Day
    I SPY: Fun House
    Worms: Open Warfare 2

That's it for me, and not all of these are certain purchases. Really wanting to see more must haves for the Wii soon.

6. MRU
    macrumors demi-god

MRU

But what about Europe ? ;) Where is Trauma Center ? Where is Super Paper Mario ? :(

7. thread starter Guest

Sky Blue

Metroid Pinball is not out in EU yet??

8. macrumors Core

Dagless

^ Wii "Hall of Fame Pinball".

For something as big as Metroid I don't think Europe is going to be far behind. I'd give it 2 months max. It's Nintendo's non-linear, atmospheric Halo after all.

9. macrumors 68000

seenew

no Metroid love?

10. macrumors 604

zap2

WHAT!!!

July 30 Mario Strikers Charged Nintendo
    Aug. 20 Metroid Prime 3 Corruption Nintendo
    September Battalion Wars 2 Nintendo

Maybe you ment to say "Pretty crap DS line up...of which I would agree with(more, DS still has a few decent titles, but nothing like the Wii)

However its worth of note, that Wii is going though a long summer with few good games.

11. macrumors 6502a

sb58

Mario Strikers? you gotta be kidding me. the Wii can do better than this.

12. macrumors 604

zap2

I'll be honest...I've yet to play the 1st...but from what I hear its Mario Kart, but for Soccer....which sounds like a hell of a lot of fun to me!

To not mention online play(about time )

13. macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I heard that Mario Strikers was pretty awesome, I played it once in multiplayer and LOVED it. Charged is online, and has LAN mode, so I want it, bad.

14. macrumors 68040

takao

Well it _is_ awesome... perhaps the greatest football multiplayer game of the last generation

personally i'm gonna wait on strikers charged untill it dropes below 30 bucks or so in price since i have to save the money for mario party in june

it's actually coming out here tomorrow and i don't have the time to play it.... argh

15. macrumors Core

Dagless

What? Strikers is out tomorrow? I don't like football games but going off how popular the original was... I might just pick this up.

16. macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Mario Party 8 comes out next week over here in the U.S. :)

Japan's release schedule had Metroid Prime in August, Super Mario Galaxy and Smash Bros in September and November IIRC. So far that seems to line up with the U.S. release schedule, let's hope!

17. macrumors 68040

takao

damn i meant "in 2 days" .. sorry for getting you excited

;)

that said i just decided to get strikers and wait on mario party instead .... after all the local store has strikers charged for 43 bucks which isn't a bad deal

18. MRU
    macrumors demi-god

MRU

Mario Strikers is basically an exact copy of Sega's Soccer Slam. It plays pretty much identical albeit with Mario characters and arena's. But other than that the gameplay mechanics are exactly the same.

Whilst intially a huge rush of fun, unfortunetly the games tend to get very repetitive. The power moves whilst entertaining the first time you see them, really do begin to grate after you have seen them 100 or more times.....

The online might improve the longevity though.

And lets face it..... if your in Europe, the Wii is crying out for somthing worthy to be released. So I expect it to sell regardless.

19. macrumors 68040

takao

true with every football game ;)

that said they improved the single player bit and put in more unlockables and missions in it so they got the message asking for more single player content

and the power moves are so gloating that it totally rocks in multiplayer: it gives you time laugh maniacally and for your opponent to scream "NOOOOOOOO"

that's what i'm hoping too
    what i hope more is increased balancing from "normal" long shots and some balancing about hard tackles.. it was simply too easy to tackle all the time

well i guess they could have sold it even in more crowed times and it would sell a lot
    the original one achieved an attachment rate of 40% in germany which is mighty impressive for such a niche product and turned the game into one of the most successful of the cube around here

edit: it has been developed by the same team who made sega soccer slam ;)

20. macrumors 68040

takao

update: it did indeed come out today.. at least here my gamesore got it today... and yeah the guy behind me at the counter said after i had my copy
    "for me the same please"

so far the intro is pretty kick ass

21. macrumors 68000

sam10685

Same exact thing dude... hate football/soccer games, but considering the hype this has and the success of the first, I might have to get this. (Same with Super Smash Brothers Brawl. I dis-liked to first two instalments of the Smash Brothers series but considering the hype Brawl has, it's a buy for me.)

22. macrumors 6502

Really? You guys will buy a game despite not liking the previous installments or games of the genre based purely on hype??? You all should change your screen names to "marketing department's dream person" :D There certainly has been hype for games coming out as top notch games have been trickling out at a snail's pace, but it doesn't detract from what it really is. Like that marble game a while back. Supposedly before coming out a great marble game with Wii controls...but still a marble game when the hype died off (and a crappy one). I'd rent first before deciding it's a buy because others are talking about it. There's a lot of hype here about a new Miller beer with lime...still a Miller beer though :D

Paul

23. macrumors Core

Dagless

Managed to have a play of Mario Football today. Friend was playing it when I turned up. A lot more frantic than I imagined! Next to Wii Sports boxing this is great for a little work out.
    All qualms have been put to rest. Probably end up buying this in town tomorrow! Shame that I won't be able to use the online play much, my connections really gone bad :(

24. macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

25. macrumors 604

zap2

Grrrr....Europe w/ its online games for Wii(and Japan!!)

Oh well...eagerly waiting for Mario Pary 8 tomorrow...seem like something none gamers will be able to get into..I know my family loved Wii Sports, and little has been able to relight that fun flame..hopefully this will be it!