Wii Elbow And just how sad people are

Discussion in 'Games' started by KipCoon, Nov 30, 2006.

1. KipCoon macrumors regular

KipCoon

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Indeed :eek:

Will be funny to see how long-term Wii players compare to long-term other system players, both without regular exercise.

3. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

breaking TVs?

morons.

not along the same lines, but sorta...

when the nano came out and all the complaints about it having an inferior screen (which it did). But it also begged the question, you spent 100s of dollars on this electronic device (the Wii), and you didnt take care to make sure it isnt damaged?

wow.

4. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

Why are people complaining? Either get more exercise or don't play the darn thing as much! Simple enough.

5. p0intblank macrumors 68030

This is just another one of those "I'm getting fat from eating McDonald's everyday" articles. :rolleyes:

Of course people are going to get sore! I remember being sore after my first time playing Dance Dance Revolution. It's natural...

6. Allotriophagy macrumors 6502a

Time for action.

Time to RELEASE THE LAWYERS!

7. KipCoon thread starter macrumors regular

KipCoon

Indeed, its normal to be sore after a workout, however, I'm curious as to what they are playing to cause them to damage things and hurt themselves beyond the normal exercise after-burn. A weight lifter complains about back pains, what was he doing? The boxing game, to me, is probably the one that can get you the most riled up, so yea.. This just confuses me..

Either way, I'm sure some lawyers are going to flock to this one.. :mad:

8. jdechko macrumors 68040

I guess now it's a good thing that before you play, you get 2-3 health warning messages from Nintendo. That and Wii sports (perhaps the biggest culprit in these "Wii Pains") advises you to take a break after an hour of play (and at the end of each game after that). Hopefully this and the strap warnings is enough to provide a blanket of security from litigation.

And yes, I've experienced the pains.

9. iKwick7 macrumors 65816

iKwick7

My thoughts exactly. It really is a sad, sad world that we live in, isn't it? What's next, parents complaining that their lazy, out of shape kids are sore after little league tryouts? Tisk tisk tisk.

10. kjr39 macrumors 6502

11. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

The only thing I'm slightly worried about it the wrist attatchment breaking and the wiimote going sailing into my screen. I haven't seen one in the flesh to judge how strong it is. I don't think I'd manage to do it, however, I have some sweaty handed friends who throw their controllers around the place anyway while playing games.

12. KipCoon thread starter macrumors regular

KipCoon

Just buy a Sleeve for the wiimote, its made of rubber, and honestly you have to be throwing it WAY harder than is remotely required in the game, to lose grip..

13. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Sore Muscles Oh Noes! It's called physical activity.

14. mattbatt macrumors member

huge blisters on thumbs and sides of index fingers have been my battle scars namely because I don't play enough and second because I'm a renowned button masher:)

15. KipCoon thread starter macrumors regular

KipCoon

And I always considered that burn feeling a good thing, made me think I did something worth while :D

16. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

Pick up the Wii to get some exercise! :)

17. jdechko macrumors 68040

Yeah, that one was a good one. :)

18. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Indeed! I used to exercise quite a lot several years ago. But 2 weeks back I went mountaineering for the first time and damn! I used muscles some crazy dormant muscles, couldn't move my arms properly for days. Along with the wonderful burning feeling :) I think it's best in the morning when you wake up. ah... hope I get this in the first few days with the Wii. Need to kick start some old muscles again!

19. afornander macrumors 6502

try buying a better strap, i know when i get my Wii, i am going to cut the one thats on it off, and put my industrial psp strap on it; those things are strong as hell!;)

20. ryan macrumors 6502

21. Gizmotoy macrumors 65816

Gizmotoy

I've personally witnessed a strap breaking. Unfortunately it's a lot easier than you'd hope. Sweaty hands on a long volley (no breaks to wipe off the sweat) in Wii tennis and the controller slips pretty easy. The cord breaks when practically no force is applied, so definitely hang on to those things. If there's more force than merely dropping the remote would apply, that strap's breaking.

Learn from my mistakes. Make sure you have rubbery sleeves on your controllers if you or your friends sweat or your controller could take a dive. Nintendo replaced mine for free since they determined "the strap was defective." Luckily it didn't break anything.

All my remotes now have sleeves and reinforced safety straps until Nintendo fixes it.

22. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Me too, there's a sense of accomplishment, that you actually used your body to it's potential. I also think it's a manly feeling, like getting bruises and stuff, not that I'm insecure about my manhood... <_< It's like playing tackle football or snowboarding and getting beat up and the next day you are totally sore and hurtin', but it feels good. :)

Did you have to send the "defective" strap back to Nintendo? If not I'm goin to try to get some free ones for my other gizmos :D I think they look nice and the little plastic part looks like a mini Wii.

23. Gizmotoy macrumors 65816

Gizmotoy

They said they'd like to have it back for "Market research", but only required me to send the amazingly resilient controller back. It landed on a brick fireplace and everything still worked except the pointer functionality, which I think was because the black lens scratched really bad.

Anyway, I sent mine back in hopes that they eventually beef up the straps a bit, but they don't ask for it. Nintendo sells them separately on their online store for $1 a piece if you really want more... minimum shipping is $5, though.

Update: For some reason when they shipped mine back to me I got 2 straps... one connected to the controller and one "Genuine Nintendo Spare Part" in a little baggie.