Wii error 205927

Discussion in 'Games' started by bowens, Dec 20, 2006.

1. bowens macrumors 6502a

bowens

I just hooked my Wii up to the net for the first time and downloaded all of the updates. Everything was fine until I went to the WiiShop channel. It asked me if I wanted to link it to a nintendo account and I said no. Then I get an error "205927: An error has occured that cannot be resolved at this time. Please try again later." I looked it up online and it said call Nintendo. So I called and the guy said that this error means there is a hardware problem and I wouldn't be able to connect to anything on the internet. I said that was wrong because I can connect to the forecast channel just fine. He said it would have to be replaced or repaired. Has anybody else had this problem? I would rather have it replaced if I could, but I was wondering if I copy all of my saves to an sd card will I have any problem using them on a new Wii?

Thanks in advance.

2. bowens thread starter macrumors 6502a

bowens

3. aidanpendragon macrumors 6502a

Saves, yes (via SD card). Virtual Console games, no, as they're tied to the console (but sounds like you don't have any). As long as the Wii itself works, save-transfer to SD card should be a snap.

4. zim macrumors 65816

zim

I thought if you registered a new system that it unregistered your old one and allowed you to download the games to the new one.