Wii fatal error problems!

Discussion in 'Games' started by macdaddy121, Nov 20, 2006.

1. macdaddy121 macrumors 6502a

Saw this on engadget......not good for the Wii....watch out Wii owners and take care of your machines. At least Nintendo seems to be doing the right thing and replacing the machines with new ones and pre paid shipping costs.

Engadget Article

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

So do microsoft ;) (well mostly :p)

It really is to be expected. Apple also have a fair share of problems with hardware when first released too. It's not just consoles.

3. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Really....Thats interesting. I haven't had any errors so far but that update did take a really long time to go through.

Bless

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I thought the PS3 had problems too?

Either way. This looks like the first time Nintendo have launched with bad systems. For shame Nintendo :mad:

haha, I suppose the beauty of later launches means these problems get ironed out :D

5. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Its a problem with update-able 'firmwares' and as this will be the first of many - it's innevitable some hardware wont take the firmware properly and will be screwed. Much like any firmware update for any product...

6. bowens macrumors 6502a

bowens

Yeah, I heard they had some pretty big problems too. A lot of PS2 games won't play.

It looks like these people have had their fair share of problems with the PS3.

7. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Nobody has opened their PS3's yet, they are all still on eBay ;)

8. macdaddy121 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hahaha....I believe that.

9. wako macrumors 65816

Microsoft replaced mine, paid for shipping both ways, and extended my warranty for a year... Id say Microsoft is doing better :p

10. p0intblank macrumors 68030

Wow, those problems sound really bad. I'm glad I am not supporting the PS3... yet. I would love to have a Wii, though. :)

11. oceanstar macrumors newbie

for wii bummer guess well have to wait foer 2nd revision on both systems

12. Archmagination macrumors regular

I am confused.. there was nothing really wrong with the Hardware.. it was the Firmware(software) that occasionally went wrong and fried the hardware.. its not like the PS3 which was just shoddy workmanship.

13. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

But the problem isn't serious? It's a whole load less than the problematic 360, and just like MS they ship you a new one. It's been reported that this problem is temporary (maybe not all?), that simply rebooting and trying again gets it working.

14. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

Well you're lucky. After I got my new 360, I got a letter telling me my warranty was going to expire in less then a month, which was only 9 months after I originally bought it.

15. coffey7 macrumors 6502a

coffey7

you never never never buy a new system when they first come out. Thats why I even waited(6 months) to my my macbook just ot be sure the bugs were worked out.

16. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

the PS3 hasn't even launched yet. there all still sealed and either on ebay or in the mail.

17. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

The PS3 launched last Friday...how do you think the eBayers got them?

18. TheMonarch macrumors 65816

TheMonarch

Yeah, I don't like these forced firmware updates. As soon as I put my connection info, it automatically started updating, and had to wait that much longer to begin playing Zelda.

Also, not sure, but the controls seem a bit jumpier than before the update...