[Wii] first C64 games heading to VC

Discussion in 'Games' started by takao, Sep 28, 2006.

1. takao macrumors 68040

takao

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

They need to get Amiga on there so I can play Dizzy again :)

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

If they have one commodore console then I think another one is certainly on the cards. mygod. if they did get some of the huge Amiga hits on the Wii then I will wave byebye to everything else, including DS and GBA. You all know what I'm like about the Amiga ;)

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

So do the police. Remember the restraining order against you. We dont want that ASBO being broken ;) :D

5. Echo toxin macrumors newbie

Spooky! I read today that Speedball 2 and The Chaos Engine are both being re-made for the PC! Bring it on. TCE was one of my favourites of all time even though I was hopeless at it! Never got past the factory level.

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I want me some Jumpman Jr. :D

Also did anyone play "Space Taxi" on C64?

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

They can not remake TCE. Everything was perfect in it years ago. the pixel art the best of the time, the music wonderful. They could not improve.

8. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

Yes they can. Add clean midi or fully orchestraded music, update to full 3D graphics, high resolution pixel or vector...

9. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

There is only one thing I truly need.

I need Saturn emulation on the Wii.

Specifically, I need all three freaking scenarios of Shining Force III, stat. I've waited years for the other 2/3 of the storyline, and I have still not forgiven Sega for such treachery.

10. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

You really don't know your old games do you? TCE used a form of mod music (.mod, module etc) which has the exact same functionality as MIDI but with customisable samples. Making it better than Midi, which is actually a step backwards to what the Amiga achieved in 1986. Chris Huelsbeck (Factor 5) then introduced the TFMX music format which boosted the number of channels in older module formats from 4 to 64. All in 1989. Ochestrated music in TCE? No. Same goes for changing any of the graphics. TCE was heralded as a perfect game yesteryear. Everything was bang on, the music was atmospheric, the graphics were dingy and didn't have ridiculous shines or silly lighting effects.
    This is on par (which I've used in another thread) of taking Mario from Mario World and sticking an emblem on the back of the cape. Absolutely unneeded yet in theory would make it a better game. You don't **** with perfection.

11. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

:D Just giving you flack....I know exactly what you're talking about.

Anyway, back on subject: I thought that I read somewhere, a few years ago, that most (if not all) C64 games/software were now public domain. Free to download and trade at will (as long as nothing is sold).

12. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Never enjoyed Chaos Engine. To me it was just a boring top down shooter. Looked great but didnt enjoy it 1 iota. But hey, different strokes for different folks.

13. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Bring back M.U.L.E. and Elite! Those games were the best entertainment I ever saw when they came out. Sure, the graphics could be beefed up, but they were simple and fun. I'd play either of them if they were re-released.

14. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

tch! You gotta be careful around me and retro games. You wouldn't give Saddam a nuke would you :p

back to playing Doom 3...