Wii game defect?

Discussion in 'Games' started by kakkoiimac, Dec 5, 2006.

1. kakkoiimac macrumors regular

Sep 29, 2006
    I love my wii and i think that it is the greatest. I did notice that i got my Rayman Raving rabbids game and sometimes (probably 1 in 4) it doesnt load...just gives that disk read error. I thought it was just my wii, but then i noticed that along the edges of of my disc there is a slight warpage...kinda like the label didnt stay on just the top of the disc but got imprinted on the side. I assume the edges of the cd are supposed to be smooth...but mine is not...

Has anyone else noticed this? I dont really want to take it back, but if it is not normal i guess i will have to. Also could this damage my wii at all?
  2. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

May 2, 2005
    Wheaton/Normal, IL
    I recall seeing something about the disk read error on Nintendo's support website. Maybe it's a common problem? I've never seen it on my Rayman or any other games though.

3. apfhex macrumors 68030

Aug 8, 2006
    Northern California
    Would have to see it, but it does sound like it might be a defect in the disc. Maybe you can get an exchange?
  4. paintballer macrumors regular

Nov 27, 2006
    Did you download the update? There was a few people over at the Wii Chat Forums that had disc read errors after they downloaded the update. They had to send theirs back to Nintendo.