Wii game prices.

Discussion in 'Games' started by paddy, Aug 31, 2006.

1. paddy macrumors 6502a

paddy

2. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

from your link Twilight Princess is priced at £49.99....:confused:

3. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I didn't know they announce the game prices already....I'm behind the times.
    Maybe its just a guest at what it will be.

Bless

4. plinkoman macrumors 65816

plinkoman

from what I can remember, game prices were to be the same as gamecube game prices. $50 in US. I don't know what gamecube games go for in europe, but I doubt they would increase the price there and not here.

5. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

He's talking about Ireland :) it's all guess work at the moment.

Paddy, they are just estimates at this present time. Same as Play.com listing them as 49.99 sterling.

Remember in shops here 360 titles are €70-75 with uk RRP at £49.99.

However when it comes to Wii :- the general consensus from most of the stores here are generally expecting them to retail at €59.99 Ireland or £39.99 UK RRP High Street Prices

In which case expect Amazon, Play & Gameplay to drop the prices come release time to £34.99 (amazon & gameplay) and anywhere between £29.99-34.99 (play.com)

So it will still be cheaper to buy online from the UK than here in Ireland regardless.

But like I say at the moment the price online is specualtive, as they dont even have a final release schedule or list at this current stage. Hence noone taking pre-orders for hardware.

6. plinkoman macrumors 65816

plinkoman

umm, I know. hence:

7. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Actually I wasnt referencing you at all, hence you were never quoted; and I said specifically Ireland - because our prices are slightly different to mainland europe where games are usually a few € cheaper :p

8. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Hopefully they dont cost as much as i see 360 games at. I thought 49.99 was high enough, now i see 360 games for 59.99, crazy.

Is there really a reason other than "we can charge more", sometimes i dont believe the BS they feed consumers on why they raised the game prices by $10-$15.

Ed

9. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

$59.99 really...I'm seeing 360 games at $65-75.....game prices are getting crazy...I fear buying handheld games now because they ranging from $30-$50....no love for the poor folks.

Bless

10. paddy thread starter macrumors 6502a

paddy

I'm seeing DS games here for up to €50 ($65)!

11. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Handheld games have always cost the same here.
    GBA games range from £5-35
    DS games range from £17-35

Console games always cost the same here. £30-40 since I can remember. The 360 is the only machine I've seen push the price up. I'm hoping the Wii will remain at the £30-40 price. I see no reason why games should cost more. HD nonsense doesn't mean anything, seeing that PC games cost less and have had high resolution textures since god knows when.

12. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Wow, USA DS games are max 35, lowest for a new game is 20...i think 20 is perfect for handheld games..maybe 40 for console based games(that would be nice). Any word on PS3 game prices? With blue-ray will the prices be driven up or..similar to xBox 360?

13. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Wow, i didnt realize that they got that high! I dont think they have a real good reason other than greed to raise the prices up that high. Then again console prices have gone up quite a bit too lately. I'm sure even at $600 sony will sell out of their first batch of PS3's but im curious to see how long that run will last. Does anyone remember how long it was before from release that you could get a 360 off the shelf sans some retarded "kit" that made it even more pricey?

Ed

14. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

15. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

Prices are still cheaper than they were in the cartridge days. I remember seeing Phantasy Star 1 for SMS for $70 in Toys R Us when it came out. Though that was an exception. Or what about Phantasy Star 4 and Virtual Racing on Sega Genesis, close to $100. And forget N64 games, it was hard finding a budget game on that system.

Yeah were are used to lower prices because technology has gotten better and media less expensive. I guess there are other factors involved like making up for development costs, and all?

Just presenting some points. I do agree game software should not be rising in price and by doing so is only going to hurt the gaming industry. :)

16. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

I preordered Red Steel, Need For Speed, and Twilight Princess from EB Games. The first two were $49 and Zelda was $59. They haven't actually charged my card yet, so I'm sure the prices could change between now and release day.

Daniel.