Wii games that MUST get made...

Discussion in 'Games' started by mrgreen4242, Jul 11, 2006.

1. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Ok, the SNES must have thread got me thinking about older games, especially ones without sequels. The Wii is the perfect system to bring back some older franchises what the the VC tie-in potential (buy the new one, get the old ones free online).

I've got to say that Wii Punch Out! needs to get made. Use two Wiimotes for actual punching moves, different motions for jabs, upper cuts, windmills, etc etc... plus, the classic cartoon fun style of the characters makes it a game that's violent, but like the Looney Toons is violent... it's something that even Jack Thompson couldn't complain about TOO much. ;)

I'd like to see it keep the cartoon-y SPRITES, not go 3D or anything lame like that. Over the top, hand drawn opponents with unrealistic and ridiculous moves!

So what are some others you'd like to see get made?

2. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I demand a Jedi Academy 2 for Wii, with dual weilding blasters and lightsaber dueling. The Jedi Knight series disappeared after Jedi Academy. It's not a Nintendo franchise but it would work beautifully.

I want- no, DEMAND- a sequel to Super Mario RPG, now that Square Enix is back with Nintendo.

A new Balloon Fight game could be well done, who knows? 64-player online multiplayer :)

Of course, an online Mario Kart MUST be made.

A new Duck Hunt, obviously.

We already have ExciteTruck, but a new ExciteBike would be nice.

Earthbound would be good- I never played the originals though.

3. CorvusCamenarum macrumors 65816

CorvusCamenarum

I'm probably in the minority, but I'd like to see another iteration of the F-Zero series with the ability to design your own tracks à la Excitebike for the NES.

4. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

Yes. You are correct sir! It's about time for a proper sequel (though I loved Paper Mario).

5. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

Another vote for Punch Out. Nintendo doesn't seem to realize the potential in that game. Wrecking Crew or Ice Climber would be fun to use the Wii controller as a hammer and bash everything in site.

6. Trowaman macrumors 6502a

Trowaman

Feel the Force indeed.
    Seriously, nothing would make me a happier nerd than to duel against Darth Maul with absolute freedom of movement. Then again I'd probably look like that fat kid who got ridiculed . . .

Punch out, Mario kart could be cool.

Also, what ever happened to Paper boy? ;)

7. seenew macrumors 68000

seenew

No, I agree with you. I'd love another F-Zero. X and GX were awesome!

8. Bobdude161 macrumors 65816

Bobdude161

ROAD RASH 64!!! It must be done again, especially with the Wii-motes (Wii remotes, lol). You could be able to use your weapons with the nunchuck. Anybody else play Road Rash?

9. Donz0r macrumors 6502a

OMFG YES Jedi Academy using the motion sensing remotes. God, i wish you'd've never mentioned that, when the game DOESN'T get made there'll be an inrepearable hole in my life....

but GOD that would be AMAZING!!!!

10. stunna macrumors member

online pokemon world
    online nintendoworld
    online roadrash
    online mario kart
    online street fighter

and i'll buy a nintendo Wii

11. tominated macrumors 68000

tominated

I think the starwars thing is going to be made. I heard it on the net somewhere. But the problem is if you hit someone elses lightsaber, you wont feel it:(

12. Palad1 macrumors 6502a

Palad1

Some Guitar Hero port!

Air guitar with the Wii controller, Wooooooohoooo!

:)

13. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

F-Zero Wii will be awesome. I know it will, so long as they don't change the game formula too much. excellent series.

14. iGav macrumors G3

Something non Nintendo for me... I've never been a big fan of their games (personal preference, nothing else) and dislike their reliance on the Mario franchise.

That said, Nintendo have won half the battle with me purely on the Wii's aesthetics alone, if they can nail the gaming side... they'll have a new convert... I'd like to see some SEGA stuff though.

And I'll undoubtedly get pasted for saying this... a viable rival to Gran Turismo too.

15. dan-o-mac macrumors 6502a

dan-o-mac

I was talking about playing punchout on the wii a few weeks ago, it would be a great idea!

1. punch-out
    2. resident evil

16. CNU182 macrumors regular

Yes, that takes me back.

17. Yvan256 macrumors 601

Yvan256

Not exactly new versions of old games

All I need to buy a Wii is Metroid Prime 3. Period.

A new Zelda game is a nice welcome and everything after that is simply a bonus.

On the other hand, that ExciteTruck game looks like it'll be really fun in multiplayer (Wi-Fi enabled, I hope). I remember playing ExciteBike on the NES with my little brother... :D

18. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

As long as they have at least two metorids and zelda games...I'm good.

Not really interested in the 3D mario games.

Bless

19. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

20. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

21. mrgreen4242 thread starter macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

A Wii exclusive Resident Evil (which has been confirmed, I think) will be pretty cool. Perhaps they can shake the (well founded) tradition of horrible controls? I've never like any RE game (I need to give RE4 on the GCN a try, though), but the idea of a dark, scary survival horror game where I can aim a flashlight with one hand while aiming and shooting a gun or wildly swinging an axe or chainsaw with the other does sound pretty cool. ;)

Also, the on-board speaker the Wiimote has could be put to good use there. Not only for obvious stuff like the sounds of the weapons, but for more atmospheric uses. Creepy effects like floor board creaking under foot as you move, or have whispered dialog come from there very, very queitly. Heartbeats, heavy breathing, rustling leaves... I really think there is a ton of potential in that speaker for making games more immersive. MOST people don't have surround sound setups, having a highly directional/positional speaker added as a KNOWN element (developers can count on it being there) will hopefully lead to some neat stuff.

22. erikk18 macrumors newbie

world runner (3D)

and definitely balloon fight!

23. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

24. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

Actually yes, I was just playing it last week on my GBA. Great series that just died out for some reason. I always liked the 3DO version best.

3D Worldrunner would be interesting, though if I had a choice I'd take Space Harrier instead because it wasn't as frustrating with all those fast jumps.

25. CubeHacker macrumors 65816

CubeHacker

I would LOVE to see Space Channel 5 made for the Wii. I can't imagine anything more fun than having a group get together and actually dancing the motions up down left right shoot shoot shoot!