Wii Games w/o Nunchucks?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Scootie Puff Jr, Mar 7, 2007.

1. Scootie Puff Jr macrumors newbie

Dec 29, 2006
    I just had a new baby (or more to the point my wife and I had a baby, she likes credit for her part). :D My already limited gaming time now includes feeding time for the boy. I can feed him with one hand and use the wii-mote with the other but I can't really use the nunchuck now. What are some good games that don't require use of the nunchuck at all? I can't find a comprehensive list anywhere.

Thanks for your help.
  2. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

Jul 6, 2006
    Fenton, MO
    Dude, that's just wrong. :rolleyes:
    Spend time with the baby, man. Bond. Put the games aside for that 10 minutes (or so).

I would've never thought of playing Fable while feeding my daughter when she was born 2 years ago. :eek:
  3. Scootie Puff Jr thread starter macrumors newbie

Dec 29, 2006
    I knew that sounded bad when I wrote it.

I completely agree and would never think to play games at the expense of bonding with the boy. It is just that he takes up to an hour and a half to eat usually, he is a REALLY slow eater and has to eat about every 2 hours. So while I am all about staring at him with wonder and marvel, after a while I think it is OK to take a break.

WOW, I feel like the worst Dad ever!

I am shamed. :(
  4. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

Jan 6, 2004
    Raleigh, NC
    I disagree. With the amount of time a woman spends feeding the baby, they're bound to get really really REALLY bored. A buddy of mine at work got his wife a video iPod just because of this and he says she has almost literally watched every downloadable show there is.

EDIT: I assumed mother feeding baby, but same applies for dad too.
  5. JackAxe macrumors 68000

Jul 6, 2004
    In a cup of orange juice.
    Children are like snow, they're nice to vist. :D

Wii Play can be played with one hand and the games are easy and short enough that they don't require too much attention. Well, the pick which Miis are the same might require a bit more brain power. :)

6. sb58 macrumors 6502a

May 14, 2006
    most of the sports in Wii Sports are used without the nunchuck..
  7. ninewhereman macrumors member

Jan 8, 2007
    My sister plays tennis on the Wii while she feeds her newborn. Probably one of the funnier things I've seen in my life. Yeah I lead a boring life.
  8. jdechko macrumors 68040

Jul 1, 2004
    Congrats on the kid. My wife and I had ours a little over a month ago (so proud). Seriously, though, while feeding him, just put it down for a minute. Playing while holding him is one thing, playing while feeding is just wrong (plus if you jerk and he spits up... not fun). :)
  9. aidanpendragon macrumors 6502a

Jul 26, 2005
    Yeah, the only things I can think of that take no nunchuck (Wii Sports, Wario) defintely involve lots of thrashing around - probably not best to have a baby in the other arm!

There are other things you can do. Read a book. Play Diablo.