Wii Launch date and price AUS announced. Disregard - it's already posted.

Discussion in 'Games' started by Chundles, Sep 15, 2006.

1. Chundles macrumors G4

Jul 4, 2005
    I don't post much in the gaming forum because I know S.F.A. about games etc. I thought it might interest you guys to know that the Australian launch date and price for the Wii has been announced (well, announced by my mate who actually does know his stuff - I'll be getting info ASAP to confirm).

December 7th

A$399.95 (US$301 - so about US$249 when you subtract the Southern Hemisphere tax).

That's about A$50 less than I'd thought and is less than half the price of the PS3.

More info when my mate replies to the text message I just sent him asking for proof. Maybe tomorrow seeing as it's midnight now.

Don't kill me if he's BSing me but he's not one to do so - he's a Nintendo fanboy from wayback.

EDIT - Missed a massive thread already on the subject. Sorry guys, just delete this please.
  2. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

Mar 24, 2006
    Nottingham, UK
    its true

I would also add other regional prices:
    25000 yen = ~ £113
    $250 = ~£133
    AU$399 = ~£159
    249 Euros = ~£167

ok, taxes to add to some of those (US & EURO), but UK gets robbed yet AGAIN :(

i'll still get one tho!!
  3. kretzy macrumors 604

Sep 11, 2004
    Canberra, Australia
    Yeah, this is true (it's all over the net and my friend that works at JB has confirmed it). It's actually mentioned in the big Wii Conference thread as well.

The price is pretty good, and the launch date not too far removed. I'm going to go and pre-order mine this week.
  4. takao macrumors 68040

Dec 25, 2003
    Dornbirn (Austria)
    euro is including taxes as well...

(with 20% VAT in austria it's close to US price

the UK on the other side always pays extra for keeping the pound ;)
  5. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

Mar 24, 2006
    Sweet. If that includes Wii Sports I'll be stocked :D Only have to put in $130 bucks to my preorder