Wii launch date rumour

Discussion in 'Games' started by Dagless, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

sorry let me get this off my chest first. this if for Europe ONLY... bwghahhaha. sorry, just every... single... droplet... of Wii info has been US or Japan centric since the system existed. So it's Europes time now. Funnily enough I predict the Wii coming out earlier in US. but nonetheless,

[​IMG]

Cheers, Kotaku

Fankly I'd like it sooner. I'm back at university again in October so I won't have much play time *sobs*.

2. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

yeah the day that school takes preference over a system launch for me, will be the end of the world.

3. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

4. jdechko macrumors 68040

I thought there was gonna be a worldwide launch for the Wii.

In any case Wii + TP >> Uni.

5. seenew macrumors 68000

seenew

Luckily, I get out for Winter holidays in mid/late November, so I won't miss too much play time! Plus my roommate is as rabid a Nintendo and Apple fan as I am, so we're gonna get different games so we can share double the library.

6. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

Nintendo said there would be a 14 week launch window. Most likely with Australia or Europe suffering the later of those 14 weeks.

7. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

I had to look at the date of the original post... I thought you were saying the Wii was coming out on March 11th, 2006... silly "rest of the world" dates. :p

8. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

While in EB Games over the weekend the manager stated that the Wii was due in stores November 7th (USA). I don't necessarily believe him but he was pretty confident about it.

9. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

10. celebrian23 macrumors 65816

celebrian23

can we ever have enough?

11. Oblivious macrumors 6502

Were you able to pre-order one by any chance?:p

Anyway, I'm still kind of hoping for an October release, but I suppose early November wouldn't kill me.... I suppose.:eek:

12. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

November 7th is my birthday! That would be the best present ever!

13. plinkoman macrumors 65816

plinkoman

****, I don't know how i'm going to be able to afford a wii, a second controller, an extra memory card, 4 launch titles, and god only knows how many virtual console titles so soon; I still haven't even caught up on all the ds games I wanted. :p

14. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

No I was not. I asked about it and he stated that pre-orders would begin in October at that store. And that it would be a first-come-first-Wii-system; the first person who pre-orders gets the first system, not the lottery based system some stores use. They are going to be asking for $50 for pre-orders.

15. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

From my 'inside sources' ;) (used to work at GameStop, so I'm friends with all the staff), I know that GameStop has decided not to begin taking preorders until they know a price and release date and how many to expect to receive. They were embarrassed when Microsoft shorthanded them on the XBox 360 and they were forced to delay all their customer's preorders.

16. chairguru22 macrumors 6502a

i thought it was March 11th but you euros do dates differently... but that sounds about right as far as the Japan/US launch will be. id like to see it get launched everywhere at the same time, i dont see why it they do release things at different times.