Wii multiplayer game recommendations

Discussion in 'Games' started by risc, Dec 13, 2006.

1. risc macrumors 68030

risc

Hi all,

Where I live in Australia it is hard as hell to actually find Wii games (or consoles, or accessories) at the moment; so I am considering ordering some games online and they turn up whenever they do _BUT_ I really have no idea about Wii games... So can you guys recommend any good multiplayer titles I should look for?

Cheers!

2. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

I can only recommend SMB right now, since it's what I own. It has some fun mini games, but also some horrid ones. I've heard great things about Rayman also.

I need to find some more controllers, at the moment I only have two sets.

<]=)

3. ChrisBrightwell macrumors 68020

ChrisBrightwell

... There are games other than Zelda?

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Wii Play? Get an extra remote too.

I'd love to know if Rayman supports multiplayer too, that might push me into buying it.

I think Excite Truck has a multiplayer. Red Steel does (I had a little 2 player on this and it was rather good, single player aside it's very similar in feel to Timesplitters/Goldeneye in it's simplicity).

5. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

I can't remember...do you guys get Wii Sports down there? I have SMB, Zelda, Trauma Center, and Wii Sports, and virtually all I play, alone or with people, is Wii Sports. That game is too cool.

6. risc thread starter macrumors 68030

risc

Yeah Wii Sports ships with the Wii here. At the moment it is the only game I have. I have the Wii Play/Remote pack on order but that is sold out everywhere and I have no idea when I can expect it to turn up.

7. Gizmotoy macrumors 65816

Gizmotoy

Super Monkey Ball is pretty good. Some of the multiplayer games have severe control flaws, but about 25 out of 50 of them are worth playing more than once. 5-10 are excellent and a lot of fun.

Rayman is supposed to have good multiplayer mini-games as well, but you have to play through the single player game to unlock them.

8. tominated macrumors 68000

tominated

wierd. in brisvegas there are tons of wii's and games and stuff!

9. risc thread starter macrumors 68030

risc

Yeah I've heard the same about some other places too. In Melbourne I had to travel to about 10 stores before I found a Wii, and that store had no games or accessories. I then went to another store and found 1 remote, then I did a lot more searching and found a nunchuck. To get component cables it took me 3 days of searching and I ended up looking through 2 shopping centres and a few random game shops.

Nothing better than a console launch... :D

10. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Rayman does, I was thinking about buying it.

11. risc thread starter macrumors 68030

risc

At lunch today I did the rounds of a few game shops and the last 1 I went in to I found a copy of Wii Play and also a copy of Rayman so I purchased both. It looks like my other copy of Wii Play will get sold to a friend or go on eBay when it arrives.

I'll let you guys know how Rayman plays a little later in the day when I finally get home from a boring day of staring at servers.

Ah Wii your graphics are so horrible I'm starting to love them! :D

12. risc thread starter macrumors 68030

risc

Well I have spent a bit of time with Wii Play and Rayman now. Wii Play is absolutely horrible, talk about pointless. I can't see how any of the "games" can be considered fun. Rayman on the other hand is sweet, crappy last gen graphics _BUT_ the mini games are fun and even more importantly funny. So there you go if you are considering buying Rayman go for it.

13. seenew macrumors 68000

seenew

Rayman is a fun game to play with friends around, but sadly, most of the (good) multiplayer games are the kind where you have to take turns, rather than play side by side.
    It's still a great game, I thought it was worth the buy.

14. themanfromvlad macrumors 6502

themanfromvlad

A very high recommendation here for Rayman. It is hysterical. But as a previous post mentioned, most of the multiplayer is turn-based, not simultaneous.

15. Nicolasdec macrumors 65816

Nicolasdec

is thair a online mulitplayer system for the wii like xbox live?

16. thegreatunknown macrumors regular

I am under the impression it will be like the DS Lite. Certain games will have the online capability but not all of them. One huge difference though from xbox live, it'll be free.

Granted I could be wrong so correct me if need be.