Wii News: 27 playable games at E3, speaker in remote

Discussion in 'Games' started by Lincoln 6 Echo, May 9, 2006.

1. Lincoln 6 Echo macrumors member

E3 06: Wii to feature 27 playable games at E3, speaker in remote confirmed

Zelda: Twilight Princess to be released in Wii and GameCube versions at system launch; Super Mario Galaxy, other new games announced.

By Tim Surette, Dan Tochen, GameSpot
    Posted May 9, 2006 9:09 am PT

LOS ANGELES--This year, Nintendo held its pre-E3 conference at the Kodak Theater, which many know as the current site of the Academy Awards. The red carpet analogy is appropriate as Nintendo is responsible for several of the industry's biggest stars.

However, the recent years haven't been as kind to the one-time gaming giant, as Sony and Microsoft have stolen a lot of Nintendo's crowd, particularly in North America. Nintendo always strives forward by continuing to innovate and living by the mantra that games are supposed to be one thing--fun.

With the Wii, formerly code-named Revolution, at the forefront of this year's pre-E3 conference, there promised to be plenty of new games and ideas presented at the event.

--------------
    :eek:
    27!!!!??!! Playable Wii games... at this year's E3. Awesomeness!

2. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I was there, in the audience. WOW. Just. Wow. That was AMAZING.

I've got 27 games to play tomorrow.

Anyone who hasn't seen it, download the video, and WATCH WATCH WATCH.

3. Trowaman macrumors 6502a

Trowaman

where is the video? I saw Nintendo.com will upload it later as a podcast, but I want to see this now. I stayed up all night writing a paper and missed the presentation this morning.