wii on a cinema display?

Discussion in 'Games' started by bookworm182, Nov 11, 2006.

1. bookworm182 macrumors newbie

Jun 5, 2004
    Hey everybody, I'm sorry if something similar to this has been posted already, but looking through the forums, I couldn't find an answer. So, my question is, can I hook up a Nintendo Wii to my 23" Cinema Display? I'd like to use the component cables, and some kind of component to DVI adaptor, but I don't even know if that's possible. Does anyone have a setup like this, or have any ideas on how to do this? Thanks!
  2. marioman38 macrumors 6502a

Aug 8, 2006
    Elk Grove, CA
  3. suneohair macrumors 68020

Aug 27, 2006
    Component to DVI isn't going to work. ACDs only accept a digital signal or DVI-D, so you can't input analogue.

The eyetv will work, but as someone noted it will be composite so you can't do 480p.

I am going to be picking this up: http://www.gefen.com/kvm/product.jsp?prod_id=4173

It is pricey but I think it will be useful. I am going to run a 360 with vga->dvi and the wii through component.
  4. Sinsinnati macrumors regular

Sep 26, 2006
    Cincinnati, Ohio
  5. Dagless macrumors Core

Jan 18, 2005
    Fighting to stay in the EU
    Could you enable Progressive Scan in EyeTV though? or would that create latency issues? I mean my TV is being pumped through at 576i and upscaled to 576p.
  6. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

Mar 17, 2005
    London, UK
    An Elgato EyeTV Hybrid is what you want. You won't get progressive scan though although as far as I can tell no USB/Firewire TV card on the market will give you that right now.