wii online multiplayer question

Discussion in 'Games' started by applecrag, Dec 8, 2006.

1. applecrag macrumors regular

i know its probably been answered but i was wondering if people with wiis can play online in multiplayer games. is this possible? thanks!

2. bowens macrumors 6502a

bowens

3. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

I hope it's free like the DS? If not, Nintendo is one of the few guys I would actually pay to connect to their service.

I hope Mario Kart Wii will be available about the same time. :)

<]=)

4. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

It'll be free. I'm not sure what the first game to feature online is gonna be... Elbits? And 3rd party games will show up sometime in the first part of 2007.

At least we only have one code to pass around to friends this time, but I really hope games give you full multiplayer functionality without having to add people to your friends list (unlike most DS games, which only have limited multiplayer against random opponents, grr).

5. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Awesome. I like free. :)

I only played with a my close friends, so it didn't bother me. But I see your point. I thought it was for safety reasons?

<]=)

6. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Nintendo announced that it will be free.

The first online game will be Pokemon Battle Revolution, which will be released in Japan this month. Other online games include Super Mario Strikers Charged, Battalion Wars 2, and Super Smash Bros Brawl. No one knows what the first one will be in the United States, but third parties can't take their games online until Nintendo supplies them with the APIs and we can expect to see a Nintendo first party game as the first online (the DS went online with three games at once, including Mario Kart and Tony Hawk).