Wii or Xbox 360 v2

Discussion in 'Games' started by Aperture, Nov 28, 2006.

1. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

Hi, for Xmas this year I'm really not sure if I want to get the Xbox 360 Premium or a Wii. I understand they're completely different consoles and serve different purposes. The 360 is for HD graphics / hardcore gaming while the Wii maintains a 'fun' feel. I was never into the whole Mario Brothers /etc scheme and thats why i'm not sure I want to get a Wii. Also, not a fan of the 'really' cartoon graphics. Also, with the price difference, I'm really not sure what to do.

I understand it is hard to compare the two, but can you please provide some insight? (I read through the entire Wii or 360 thread.. the first one)

Thanks, Kevin

2. wako macrumors 65816

Well in my opinion, there arent any good games out now for the Wii other than WiiSports and Zelda (atleast in the US).

There are very few titles coming out too as well for the Wii in the upcoming 3 months.

I say get a Xbox360 since there are a great lineup of must have games for the 360.

HOWEVER, I would say if you DONT have a HDTV then just go for the Wii. Xbox360 is nothing if it isnt on HD, much like the PS3 in my opinion.

3. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

I think you answered your own question - the 360 seems more up your alley.

4. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

I own a 360 and my girlfriend just bought a Wii for the new Zelda. While the Wii is fun and we have a great time with WiiSports, if I'm going to sit down and play some games, it is going to be on the 360. The games I enjoy are the type the 360 has. I like shooters, and the 360 has plenty of them now. After playing a game like Gears of War and how great it plays and looks, it would be very hard for me to do a shooter on the Wii, no matter how innovative the controller is.

5. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

Yeah for some reason I like my FPS to be visual showcases as well... so I don't think I'll be playing any shooters on the Wii but neither I will on the Xbox360, I will do so on my PC and I will buy a Wii to play games like Zelda, Warioware, Excite Truck, etc, etc.

6. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

7. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

The games we are most excited about on the Wii are Warioware and Mario Party. These should make great use of the new controller in the mini games and challenges.

8. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

I agree. Besides, with it's already low price, it's price will drop again in the future and you can probably get the Wii for a pretty nice deal :cool:

9. paintballer macrumors regular

Well thats a hard decision because they are both good. I have both of them but if I had to choose one I would probably go with the 360. But if you don't have an HDTV then go for the Wii because getting a 360 without having a HDTV is pointless IMO.

10. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I can't judge as I haven't played the full Wii in person yet. But going off the games and what I'd buy - there are no 360 games I want. I've played them all on my mates and brothers 360 but there are none that I am willing to plonk down my own money for. I thought that might change with Halo 3, but then I realised with all the PC FPS games I've played recently I just can't settle for 3rd best with the dual analogue controller.