Wii Owners..Learn from this..

Discussion in 'Games' started by AJ Muni, Nov 24, 2006.

1. AJ Muni macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

2. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Happened to my friend after a couple of hours. Luckily it was on a serve in Wii Tennis, so it went into the floor. Broke the battery compartment cover, but other than that it worked fine afterward.

Scary, though. Definitely going to pick up the rubberized sleeves for my controllers.

3. MistaBungle macrumors 6502a

MistaBungle

Anyone who swings that hard in Wii Tennis deserves to be labelled an idiot. I can flick my wrist and create that same serve that he just did. What a joke.

4. sb58 macrumors 6502a

sb58

If you swing that hard, you deserve to have that happen. Don't be an idiot and it won't break.

5. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Yes, but if you're getting into the game like Nintendo no doubt intended when they came up with the whole damn gesturing system, it happens. It doesn't make sense to advertise something as being natural and intuitive and then calling people idiots for treating it as such.

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Jesus! Looks like he did purposely try and swing very hard. Still, least I got my sturdy as hell 3rd party DS strap. That thing is practically a fabric chain. Looks like I'll be using that for now!

7. sb58 macrumors 6502a

sb58

i hadn't really thought about it but that had to be on purpose right? why else was he being filmed?

8. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Yea most likely it was. I don't think the strap is that easy to break either. Someone should test the strength of those. It's really thin but it should be strong.

9. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

As I said, my friend broke one during casual play. He wasn't swinging nearly as hard as that guy, but the controller slipped out of his sweaty hand, snapped the strap, and flew into the baseboards.

10. harveypooka macrumors 65816

Sweatus-palm-maximus - a bad combination for ladies and also for Wii controllers.

11. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

So the cheap strap they bundle with the remote is crap. :rolleyes:

BIG DEAL.... Just use a better one which comes with almost anything these days and use common sense.

12. harveypooka macrumors 65816

I think it's funny. I like these posts. MORE POSTS!

13. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

See on the 7th day god didn't sleep, he created morons. ;)

14. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Yea because everyone is carefull when the jucies are flowing and the game is interesting..:rolleyes:

I can see things like this happening if someone gets into the game and just starts swinging..I've been doing it for wii boxing(but I'm really careful:) )

Bless

15. Bobdude161 macrumors 65816

Bobdude161

Awesome. I think he just got mad and decided to throw it at the wall to show everyone how mad he was. Threw a little hissy fit.

16. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

ahhh cambrian house, that office 1 block away from where I work. I actually had an interview there and I know people working there. I always wonder when they have time to get work done though cuz their always mixing coke with mentos...or giving pizza to google...or playing Wii.

17. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

I don't yet own a Wii, but I gotta ask... is Wii sports really good enough to give someone sweaty hands? I mean I haven't gotten sweaty hands from a game in like... well I don't think I EVER have.

18. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

yes it is, i think i pulled a muscle with the baseball game o_O

When you are playing against a friend, you go all out on it.

19. SuperCompu2 macrumors 6502a

SuperCompu2

This also happened to me, with the strap breaking.

We were playing Baseball, and I swung (not letting go of the remote) with two hands, and the other hand ended up breaking the strap off. That little peice of plastic twine is not very strong at all.

20. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

My strap hasn't broken yet and i swing hard, and i do mean hard.

21. technocoy macrumors 6502a

technocoy

dude...

he practically threw his arm out. Seriously. It's fake. The strap doesn't look like that, and you would have had to have worn it down by doing the same thing several times for it to have broken through.

Also convenient that they were filming AND the TV was up that high, and i LOVE the dramatic throw in of the guy saying "and i just happened to get it all on video"

please. SET-UP!!

I swing it realistically in tennis (even on serves) and I get pretty sweaty, and I haven't even come close to the thing slipping out of my hand. Plus after HOURS and HOURS of play, my strap show no signs of wear.

I don't buy it.

I do think it's hilarious that the controller holds up.

22. wako macrumors 65816

i hope you guys realize... YOU DONT HAVE TO SWING HARD to hit the balls, serve the ball, etc etc in WiiSports.

A flick of the wrist is enough

23. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

and where is the fun with that?

24. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

And pressing A harder didn't make Mario jump any higher, but we all did it anyway.

25. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

Exactly, nor did pushing and carrying away the controller as you muttered "jump you greasy plumber"

Its called fun.