Wii Pre-orders

Discussion in 'Games' started by aidanpendragon, Oct 4, 2006.

1. aidanpendragon macrumors 6502a

GameStop/EB have added a new graphic to their Wii (and PS3) pages trumpeting, in big red letters, that

"ONLINE CONSOLE PRE-ORDER INFORMATION COMING SOON! SIGN UP NOW TO RECEIVE OUR EMAIL ALERT!"

FYI in case you haven't done so already. Nothing new out of Amazon.

2. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

Thanks, i have been calling EB and GameStop everyday to ask if they will start. They said to call tomorrow or Friday and they should know! They just got their number of Wii consoles in, i asked them, he said only the manager knew! Im so calling aging tomorrow!

3. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

OMG!

It's finally time!

Now I have to decide if I can afford the wii, and if I can, convince my parents that I can... :D

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

tch, you're all too slow. my parents put on a pre-order a week ago now :p at Play.com. MRU shh! Don't give me the bad news. let me live in my fantasy.

5. hellodon macrumors 6502

Preorders should begin at Gamestop and EB on October 9th. I believe you have to do it that day or you miss out. And you basically have to be there first thing in the morning because it's limited.

My friend just got back from the managers meeting in TX. I am going to call him to confirm that but this is what I was told from another employee at the store.

6. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

He is a Managar?

Please ask him how many each store gets and when i can Pre-order. Oh please do!:)

7. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

Is there really gonna be that much of a difficulty getting one?

8. hellodon macrumors 6502

Yes he is a manager. I will find out what I can.

9. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

10. macdaddy121 macrumors 6502a

I'm sure all of the PS3's will be pre ordered by store employees and friends of store employees before any normal people (me) get a chance to pre order.....why does this upset me so much....

11. Winstonp macrumors 6502a

Winstonp

One of the Boston gamestops is getting 2 PS3's. Yeah, nobody is going to get one.

12. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

;) actually play are usually alright.

I pre-ordered a 360 from them (as well as a store here - just in case I didnt get either ~ but i ended up with both :rolleyes: )

But with play there wasa delay in shipping it to me ? So i got onto there telephone number and was shockingly informed my xbox 360 had met with an accident in the warehouse :eek: :( but...... it was only the box/packaging that had got a little bashed, the contents inside looked to be ok ~ if I wanted I could proceed with the order and they would knock £100 off the price and give me a free copy of any launch game

So in the end I got a premium Xbox 360 + Kameo for £179 :) :D :)

When it arrived the box damage was so insignificant it was unreal.

So yeah... play are now alright in my eyes :D

If your thinking of getting a pre-ordered import mate, www.dvdboxoffice.com are now taking pre-orders.

Cost is $280 CAN so €195 / £131 - but shipping is $70 with DHL £33 / €50 - so it makes the price only slightly cheaper and remember we have to pay VAT & import duty on that too.

Games though are cheaper from there.

Zelda is $64 CAN = £30 or €45 for me (as opposed to £39.99 / €59.99)

13. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

:O That is amazing!! You lucky so and so!!

I'm debating on whether to get a Wii or wait a while. I really want one but they still seem quite expensive over here in the UK for their launch prices. The only must have game I want is Mariokart but I doubt that'll be out until Christmas '07 at the earliest. Although I really like the look of Zelda its not really as enticing as MK would be.

14. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

Great!
    Make sure to post it HERE first:D

15. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Good! well whenever the urge rises I'll probably get one from there. I'm not all that bothered right now so I'm hoping the raving reviews of the controller from the masses will push me to get one. we'll see. it'll certainly without any doubt be an import unit though.

how would I play my PAL GC games on it or is it too early days? would I need a freeloader?

16. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

we just dont know ? we wont know until its in the hands of the public who can try out freeloader and such. hopefully freeloader will still work, but that cant be guaranteed i'm afraid.

Plus we don't know if because of region lockout on VC and internet will someone with a european credit card be able to purchase downloadbable content on their imported machines ? Also will it work with european ISP's ? So many questions and so few answers.....

17. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

18. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

19. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

20. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

pre-ordered mine from hmv.co.uk

altho play.com was also doing it too.. same price etc..

for UK wiiii

21. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

Could do the big preorder tonight.

Just got to break it to my parents... :D

I assume 279 cad is the same as 249 US?

22. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

Here's hoping some information is posted this weekend on ebgames.com or whatever...

23. DEXTERITY macrumors 6502a

my friend who is a manager said they aren't taking reserves on ps3's, but are for the Wii. He didn't say when, they dont know yet.

But prior to the Game stop meeting he mentioned his DM said they would take pre orders on both but probably do the $50 trade in deal which they are experimenting with now in Hawaii (think it was there and one other place). He also said each store will get between 2 to 5, maybe 8 (ps3's). guess time will tell what really happens....and they will have plenty of wii's and 360's.

24. Ja Di ksw macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

ebgames

I talked to some guys at ebgames, more or less just confirming what people have said here. They will take Wii preorders, but the date will not be set in advance. One day they will just get a call that says "You can start taking preorders now." It will be "soon" (supposedly), but they will have a lot of Wii's (20 or more just at a campus store) so it shouldn't be a problem even if you don't get one preordered.

They will not take PS3 preorders and will probably have very, very few (2 or 3).