Wii Presale?

Discussion in 'Games' started by hellodon, Jun 17, 2006.

1. hellodon macrumors 6502

So.....what's the word on this? Is it still unknown or are there places you guys know of that are taking presales? I need one...for sure!

Also...date? November?

2. Moria macrumors regular

We don't know the date or price yet, so I don't think any places are taking preorders...

3. belovedmonster macrumors regular

I believe they said they would announce the details around sept time, and the system is expected to ship late oct, early nov. So i guess youve got a month or two to pre-order before the thing comes out.

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

5. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Call me a pessimitical git, but I still dont expect Wii in Europe till March 2007. Which Nintendo still classes fourth quarter 'fiscal' year....

And if PS3 manufacturing troubles persist, dont expect it to make Europe in any significant way till around the same time. It's more important for sony to hit US & Jap..... (same as nintendo) this year..

6. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

i've been saving for months... i'm getting one of the spendier packages that game crazy or whoever sells.

7. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

I'll be signing up for a Wii:rolleyes: somewhere as soon as the pre-orders are being taken. This console looks like 100% fun.
    Still debating whether or not to get a 360 and/or PS3, too. I know I'll get both eventually, just not sure I really want to pay for either one at current prices when there are still so many good PS2 and Xbox games coming out.

8. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

I am on the preorder list to be able to preorder at my local EB

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Don't think I'll preorder. I live in the unpopulated hills so buying one on launch day will be uber-easy.

Manchester, Rochdale, Oldham, Huddersfield, Ashton, Hyde, Glossop, Leeds. All in a 30 minute drive radius.

10. hvfsl macrumors 68000

hvfsl

Even if that is the case, I will just do what I did with the GameCube and get the US version. :D

11. Pistol Pete macrumors 6502a

Pistol Pete

12. hellodon thread starter macrumors 6502

Where?

It's weird...i used to work at a game store and they let you preorder anything, anytime. Now they are all strict about the Wii. I think you could preorder it a while ago, but then they decided to completely cut it off until they knew more....just take my damn money! haha. i'll pay for it completely as soon as i can.

13. cycocelica macrumors 68000

cycocelica

14. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

I think the price will be $250 or $300!!!!!! Much better than the $500 for the PS3... or the $400 for the xbox 360!!!

15. mark! macrumors 65816

mark!

Dang is it even close enough to be on pre-order?

16. x86 macrumors regular

x86

Hmm... my local GameStop isn't taking pre-orders yet... Hopefully I can catch them as soon as they begin to take orders because I really don't want to miss out on this one on launch day.

17. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

They have gone on reocrd as say "less then $250" which 249 or 199 seem likly

18. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

i don't think anyone wants to miss launch day... these are supposed to be dirt-cheap.

19. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

True. Nintendos own head of marketing, has already stated that the price will surprise EVERYONE and when we finally hear it, we will all rush out to get our Wii's.

As we all expect a 249 price tag, I'm assuming they will actually release at 199

20. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

I pre-ordered mine today at Toys R Us in Australia. $50 deposit and a free choice of launch game with the console. Not a bad deal at all although they've definitely assured themselves my cash for a couple of other games + a few extra controllers + anything else wiilated.

Interestingly the offer has been going for a week or so and I was only the fourth on the list. Perhaps it's no suprise though. Besides some forums, the tru.com.au, and some large Wii cut-outs at the front of the stores there hasn't been much advertising.

21. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

199 would be pretty amazing... 249 would even be sweet... but i think, personally, because of the way these guys are hyping it, it could even be a few bucks less than 199 because 199 has been nintendo's sweer-spot for console launch prices for ever.

22. hellodon thread starter macrumors 6502

yeah i honestly plan to buy 2 and sell one at that time to pay for both systems. Makes me feel a bit dirty, but hey, on xbox 360 launch day i was kicking myself as they sold for 2 grand. If someone wants to pay that much, then that's their decision...I won't feel like I'm ripping someone off which is good.

I can't wait for this thing.

It's funny, i just googled "nintendo wii presale" and this post I started is the first result! haha

23. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I don't think I'll be scalping. in the UK the games market is just so little it's negligible. shops round my way stocked 360s and PSPs when the rest of the UK (...London) sold out.

I'm so glad Nintendo aren't doing a stupid and releasing their system with limited stock.