Wii remote rechargable batteries?

Discussion in 'Games' started by NewbieNerd, Feb 11, 2007.

1. NewbieNerd macrumors 6502a

NewbieNerd

I picked up some rechargable batteries this weekend, and while they work in some things (Apple wireless keyboard, TV remote), they don't work in others (Apple wireless mighty mouse, Cable box remote, Wii remote). In most of the things they don't work in, the item specifically says 1.5V while these recharables (and most I've seen on the web at a quick glance) are 1.2V. Is that the reason for failure? Am I stuck with either using throw away batteries or blowing cash on the Wii-specific recharge packs whenever they come out?

2. tyr2 macrumors 6502a

tyr2

I've used 1.2v rechargeables (Uniross) in both the Wiimote and the Apple BT Mighty Mouse with no problems.

Perhaps try a discharge/recharge cycle?

3. SupadudeX macrumors member

I have some duracell AA 2500 mAh recharables that I picked up at Rite Aid. They work in my Wiimote just fine.

4. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

My AA rechargeables also say 1.2v and they work great in the Wiimote. 2100 mAh NiMH Rayovac Hybrid.

Sure you're putting them in in the right direction? ;)

5. NewbieNerd thread starter macrumors 6502a

NewbieNerd

Thanks guys...I put them in my charger for just a few minutes and the controller worked! I'll leave them in the charger til the light goes off. :)