Wii Reviews coming in.

Discussion in 'Games' started by MRU, Nov 16, 2006.

1. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Some reasonable reviews coming in.

Excite Truck (not a european launch title for what reason please nintendo?)

http://wii.ign.com/articles/746/746278p1.html

nice. :)

Tony Hawks

http://wii.ign.com/articles/746/746341p1.html

mmm. doesnt really interest me that one anyway.

Call of Duty 3

http://wii.ign.com/articles/746/746145p1.html

Good score, but its a desperate shame that it doesnt have multiplayer.

Also I though this was a bit dissapointing

Whilst I dont expect HD graphics to match PS3 or 360, I would have hoped it was up a notch from the Xbox. I know it has the remote feature which is great and gets good feedback from that, but I just hoped for more oomph than a xbox, not less... :eek: I dont blame the Wii... I blame Treyach the developer.

2. takao macrumors 68040

takao

yeah reviews have mostly been OK for launch games just like it was to be expected

it's the same with every launch after all: a few big scoring titles and a few average bread and butter titles

that aside: anybody read that activision is already working on call of duty 4 ? what a surprise :rolleyes:

3. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

and apparently tomorrow is Friday (gods been working on it) :D :D

Yeah i'm afraid when a franchise continues to be successful we will see sequels. At least they have gotten better generally.

Yeah 360 lineup was much the same, a few average or good games and only a couple of really good ones. Much like any launch really (including PS3 - only RFOM looking like the game to break the 9/10 barrier)

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Ah, the average games are reviewed. I was never impressed with Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, COD3? No way. Excite Truck has me interested a little bit but you know it's one of them kind of games that gets played to hell originally, then relegated to nothing once Mario Kart hits.

Mario Kart
    F-Zero
    Metroid Prime 3
    Mario Galaxy
    Zelda.

I'd be surprised if my Wii library expands beyond them games :) and Zelda's already had the reviewers going crazy.

5. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Monkey Ball. Wewt.

I think that, Zelda, and Super Swing Golf are my queue for the year so far.

6. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

I'm looking out with interest for that one. Looks like a cool everybody golf / mario golf clone...

7. Malus macrumors 6502

I wonder if they are going to review the virtual console games?? Thats the biggest reason I'm picking up the Wii.

8. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

You think so? I have CoD2 and 3 on the 360, and I must say, 2 is a farrrr better game. 2 was developed by Infinity Ward, whereas 3 was developed by the same guys that did CoD2 - Big Red One on the PS2, which was, well, less an average. So I must say, compared to 2 (which still has to be the best game out on the 360 as GoW doesn't come out for another 30mins here in the UK) CoD3 was rather a disappointment.

9. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

I think single player on 2 is better than 3. But multiplayer on 3 is far better than 2. :) I mainly play COD games online rather than single player.

10. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

No multiplayer for COD 3? WTF!!

Crazy!1 Well atleast online is coming in 07 for it

11. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Apparently it's insanely popular in Korea, where it's played online. Look up Pangya Golf on Wikipedia and you'll see more.

Personally, I had a total blast with Hot Shots Golf on the PS2, and this looks to be similar, with the added benefit of the Wiimote. It's hard to beat as a group game.

12. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yeah I loved that on ps2 and psp too (although i bought the import it was called everybody golf) and its very similar to mario golf on the cube..

I think this is one I'll defiently be adding to my collection - even though I normaly hate golf games like tiger woods I find these type a real blast...

13. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

Yeah, Mario Golf was made by the same studio...

14. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

LOL! That explains that. Sweet.

15. Stadsport macrumors regular

Hmm, seems as though they're taking their time with the final Twilight Princess review. Good thing.

16. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yeah i was thinking that earlier today. All the other bits and bobs reviewed, and yet the one were dying for is still not reviewed. I think they want to torture us or maybe they will post it on the insider IGN section before they post it on the general wii section.

17. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Most launch line up sucks...I'm waiting for zelda and MP: C

Bless

18. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

most games suck on any console. It's the gems we're all after. The ones ya mentioned! incidentally.

19. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I hate how they won't review zelda when thats like the 1st game they had inhouse...bastards:)

Bless

20. Flowbee macrumors 68030

Flowbee

21. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

It's 70 hours long, it'll take the longest to finish.

22. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

holy moses.. i dont really do 'epics' like this anymore. too many games, too little time, but I'll have to make the exception with Zelda. At least it will last me a year or so before I finish ;) :D

23. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

70 hours? If I'm lucky I'll play for 1-2 hours a day when something worthwhile comes out. See you in several months!

24. Flowbee macrumors 68030

Flowbee

Zelda Twilight Princess gets a 10/10 from 1UP. These reviews are going to sell some Wiis.

25. risc macrumors 68030

risc

GameSpot Wii reviews:

Excite Truck 6.8/10

The Good: Good sense of speed; hectic gameplay makes you feel just shy of losing control of the truck.

The Bad: Not enough here to keep you interested for long; should have been at least a four-player game, if not online.

http://gamespot.com/wii/driving/excitetruck/review.html

Trauma Centre Second Opinion 8.0/10

The Good: Fast-paced puzzle action gameplay shows off a lot of what the Wii Remote can do; surprisingly engaging storyline rife with the best kind of anime melodrama; multiple difficulty settings make the high level of challenge more manageable; controls do a great job of simulating some surgical procedures.

The Bad: While the presentation looks good, it feels dated--no support for widescreen 480p displays; some scenarios demand trial and error or punishing degrees of precision.

http://gamespot.com/wii/adventure/traumacentersecondopinion/review.html

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz 8.3/10

The Good: Single-player game makes intuitive use of Wii Remote; incredible variety of multiplayer minigames; gameplay initially more approachable, but can still present a potent challenge; gives series much-needed visual makeover.

The Bad: Lack of camera control can be frustrating in some boss battles; quality of multiplayer minigames wildly inconsistent; single-player game a little short.

http://gamespot.com/wii/action/supermonkeyballbananablitz/review.html