wii sensor bar

Discussion in 'Games' started by The Senator, Dec 31, 2006.

1. The Senator macrumors regular

The Senator

where is the best place to position the sensor bar?? and should I use the stand?

2. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

I dont use the stand, i just use the double sided tape. I put mine on top of my TV. In the setup you have to specify whether its on top or on the bottom of the TV.

Ed

3. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Just make sure it's centered on you screen. Wether it's above, or below, or on the stand, depends on wether or not there are any obstructions in the way.

Generally if the front ledge of your TV is blocking the sensor's lights, so that a Wiimote can't see them at lower angles, the stand comes in handy, since it will lift the sb above the ledge putting it into view of lower Wiimotes. If that make sense?

<]=)

4. smitty330 macrumors member

smitty330

I read on nintendo's website somewhere that above the TV is a better position simply because if you are sitting or standing you have better angles than if the sensor is below.

-Matthew

5. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

I found the opposite to be true. Where my TV is it was harder to point at things with the sensor on top. Below the TV it works perfectly whether I'm sitting or standing. It depends on the height of your TV.

6. Kevin83165 macrumors regular

I also learned to keep a reasonable distance between myself and the TV. The controls are alot smoother when farther away rather than close up. And alot of games have the sensitivity set higher than a kite so adjusting them down some helps alot too!

7. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I think it depends on the size of the TV

8. The Senator thread starter macrumors regular

The Senator

the tv i am playing on at the present time is 27 inches and we all play pretty close to the tv, should I put it on the top or below? and should I use the stand? I mean the control feels alright but I think it can feel better and get better readouts of the wiimotes

9. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

on my 26" LCD I use it at the bottom

on my 42" Philips Ambilight I use the top

on my 70"+ Projector Screen I use the bottom