Wii Sightings!! For those who DONT have 'em..

Discussion in 'Games' started by AJ Muni, Nov 20, 2006.

1. AJ Muni macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

I thought it would be useful to start a thread for those of us who dont have any wii's, and are desperately looking for them all over town. I'm getting this idea from another forum that helped me find a XBOX 360 last year during its launch. I guess post info/reliable rumors of shipments...

Guess I'll go first...

Best Buy in Miami :Keep checking every sunday

Toys "R" Us in Miami: Check back next year :eek:

EDIT: I got one! I got one! I called gamestop and they said they got their "retail" shipments in today that they are able to sell to the public, that ARE NOT PRESALE! Good luck ya'll!

2. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

Best Buy in Deerfield, IL will be getting another shipment of Wii's this Sunday (26th).

3. Sean7512 macrumors 6502a

None in the South Hills area of Pittsburgh. Unfortunately, none of the stores even knew when the next shipments would come in. Some GameStops even claimed to have unfulfilled pre-orders remaining. Good luck to us Pittsburghers.

Luckily, I did have a pre-order and did get mine! I have been calling around with my friend who wants one, but no luck yet....

4. iLunar macrumors 6502

iLunar

I called Toys R Us in Times Square, and they are supposedly processing my order and shipping me one. I am going to call back tomorrow to confirm. I live in Philadelphia, btw, and shipping was 20 bucks.

Its worth a phone call if they don't have any in your area (just google Toys R Us and Times Square). I checked most of the stores here in Philly, and I wasn't able to find any.

5. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

Any reports on the Ashburn, Virginia area?

Hey AJ Muni... great news, my cousin lives in Miami so maybe she can grab one for me, are the Costco ones bundle (I would imagine so) if so what do they come with? Do you think they'll be easy to get as can she just walk in there tomorrow morning and grab one?

Thanks for the reports.

6. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

AJ Congrats on getting one!

Anyone who wants to add my mii the number is....wait how do I find my wii number and let other miix join me??

7. Oofie macrumors regular

Anyone know of any wii's in San Diego? Ive been trying to find one since yesterday but no luck. Every EB games and gamestop said they'll probably get some by Friday, but no confirmation yet.

8. AJ Muni thread starter macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

Well Chone, I ended up getting mine at a local gamestop, so I'm not to sure if costco got/still have any. The costco is in Kendall, on 137th AVE and 88 ST. Good luck, and Patience pays my freind, patience pays(Look at post # 12 ;) )

Thanks MattyMac! I was thinking the samething on how the hell to get my wii #.

BTW, hope you finally sold that ps3 you had for sale!

9. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

Go to your address book. It's in there somewhere. ;)

10. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

Hey Thanks....once someone figures it out...let us know!

I actually had a Wii for sale not a PS3...and yup I sold it tonight for 390$ on ebay. Started the bid at 280$. Thanks for caring.

I do have a PS3 for sale now though...just picked it up today. My preorder finally came in from gamestop:D

11. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

I've been tryin' everyday for the past 3 days to find a damn Wii. No one knows anything apparently, but WalMart knows that they are gettin 9. That's right 9 Wii's but they don't know when. So why the hell was the point of tellin me your gettin' 9? :mad: If you know you're gettin' exactly nine, how the hell don't you know when it is comin. Did headquearters call and say, "Hey, we are sendin you 9 Wii's, within an imaginary timeframe". Of course your goin to more Wii's eventually, everyplace is god damnit! /end rant

It's also that time of year where people are retarded drivers and can't follow a damned arrow in the parking lot. Or maybe it's that I haven't been around the malls as I used to.

I'm a try again tomorrow. Reggie lied to us...

12. fireball jones macrumors member

In CT: I looked around yesterday, everyone told me Friday or "maybe Saturday/Sunday". The guys at Target seemed confident they'd have plenty by Christmas, said they had 60 at launch and Walmart only got 20.

That's all I got. Oh, and FYI for anyone trying to get one on Friday, call ahead! My local mall is opening at 5AM! :eek: You'd hate to show up at 8 and find out the store has been open for 3 hours!

13. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

I see thanks, well hopefully she'll be able to find one, that Costco is actually very near to where she lives lol.

Heh thank god I'm looking for a Wii and not a PS3 cause otherwise I'd need a LOT of patience.

14. AJ Muni thread starter macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

Hey SamIchi just keep trying man. I've been reading your post(s) the last couple of days and I kno your dieng to get one. Just dont give up calling, and call everywhere. Hell if you keep calling everyday, try to make a friend at a gamestop or something to see if they'll give you a call when they come in. The only postive that I can think of trying to get one, is that the anticipation gets sooo much bigger, and once you finally get you'll appreciate it more...(atleast thats my pathetic reasoning :p ). Just dont give up!

15. jlewis2k1 macrumors 6502a

jlewis2k1

i know that Midtown Target in Lincoln, Nebraska we are expected to get some in next week. so that should be a blast! I also expect that the Lincoln South Target would be the same.

16. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Seems like you've little to no experience working retail.

That's pretty much what happens. In some places, managers have access to see what and how much inventory/stock will be coming in, but you're never sure when.*

*Sometimes there's a narrower time frame if you're buddy-buddy w/ your delivery person and/or you know exactly which pallet the stock is being shipped with and when that exact pallet will be arriving at the store.

17. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Thanks for the support, but today was the same. I just wanted one before TG so we have somethin' to do, but my friend that's comin over has one and is bringin it along. I'm goin to buy some Wii-motes today so we can have 4.

I did work in retail, but I never dealt with numbers and such. It was a clothing store. Thanks for the info though.

18. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

Don't bother looking until Friday. I know some people that work at Best Buy and they said that even though they have some in stock right now, they aren't going to put any out until Black Friday. Same with Gamestops/EBGames.

It's really messed up for them to do it, but apparently that's what they are doing.

19. Redneck1089 macrumors 65816

Redneck1089

The two Best Buys near me (Calgary, ALberta, CA) said they're getting huge shipments tomorrow. One said 66...while the other said "a lot."

Does anyone know if it would be worth going an hour or so early? Will there still be gigantic lines do you think?
    It's not our Thanks Giving here...so there's no massive sales or anything...

20. NewbieNerd macrumors 6502a

NewbieNerd

Hmm, that's interesting. I haven't been able to get any shipment dates out of anyone. I do think I might do that 5 AM thing at Best Buy tomorrow just to see... there are a couple of other things one sale I interested in, e.g. PSP memory sticks: 1GB for $20, 2GB for $40, in case anyone else is interested.

21. Redneck1089 macrumors 65816

Redneck1089

I called all the Best Buys close to me a second time to see what different people would say; now no one knows how many they are getting in. One person told me that I should aim for coming around 6:30-7:00ish, and the other told me to show up at the very latest at 9:00. I think I will show up at 8:30 and see how big the line is; if it's huge I'm heading home and will find something better to do with my time! It's going to be -20 degrees C tomorrow too.

22. Donz0r macrumors 6502a

My friend works at Best Buy in Tinley Park, IL. He said they were getting a shipment last night around 9. so at 9 we went there and, although they weren't on the shelves yet, 51 Wii's had just arrived! He went to the back to get 2 for my friend and I but they wouldn't let him. They said they're not selling any of them until Sunday! Because they have a bug promotion/sale/ad in the sunday newspaper about it.

Why on earth would you keep 51 Wii's in the back on Black Friday? This is ridiculous, I can't wait until sunday! I want it nooowwww!
    I've written down the phone numbers of every wal mart, target, and best buy within a 10 mile radius (about 12 stores) so tomorrow morning at like 6 am i'll be calling to see if there's any in stock anywhere.

23. fireball jones macrumors member

They just get people to come in for anything. There's already huge lines for the crap BB is selling tomorrow (and the flyer here had nothing about the Wii in it). So just wait, anyone looking for a Wii buys something else, Sunday's flyer comes out, everyone has to go shopping again. Win-win!

24. Bobdude161 macrumors 65816

Bobdude161

This is totally wrong. All Best Buy's are to sell their Wii's on Sunday. Any day earlier and it's against the standard operating procedure.

25. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Man, if you're not right I will have made a 35 minute drive out to The Boondocks all for naught.

And then, you know, I won't add you to my Friends List when I finally get one.