[Wii] Some accessories, some speculation

Discussion in 'Games' started by srobert, Sep 6, 2006.

1. srobert macrumors 68020

Jan 7, 2002

A bunch of Wii accessories have appeared on gamestop.com, with prices and all. The release dates seem arbitrary but the prices sounds about right. No pictures tough.

- Wii Controller Glove ($9.99)
    - Wii G-Pak Travel Case ($29.99)
    - Wii Memory SD 512MB ($39.99)
    - Wii Memory SD 1.0GB ($59.99)
    - Wii Game Wallet ($9.99)
    - Wii HD Premium Component Cable ($59.99)
    - Wii S-Video Premium AV Cable ($39.99)
    - Wii Sling Bag ($29.99)
    - Wii Storage & Protection 1.0GB Kit ($69.99)

Some of these accessories have me asking myself questions:

- Wii Controller Glove
    I guess this is some sort of glove on which you can strap a Wiimote on. I remember seeing fan made mockups about such a device and hearing how fun it could be for a game such as Punch Out. But, I don't think I've heard about any game that could make use of those yet. hmmm.

- Wii HD Premium Component Cable (MadCatz).
    Does that means that no Component Cables will come bundled with the Wii or do MadCatz are simply trying to sell "Better" ones?

- Wii Storage & Protection 1.0GB Kit
    What is this? A carrying case? A backup storage medium? Only 1 GB, Why not SD card then? Does it have anything to do with memory ar all? It's built by BD & A (They do cases for other consoles). Is 1.0GB just a gimmicky name? I'm confused here ^_^
  2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

Aug 20, 2005
    Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
    That glove seem very interesting...taking it back to the NES days with all of this old fashion guns, gloves, controllers...I wonder when the Virtual Boy will be hitting the Wii.

3. srobert thread starter macrumors 68020

Jan 7, 2002
    Oh! And this has just been released on DVD ^_^

4. applemax macrumors 65816

Feb 22, 2005
    Does this mean that the Wii is now HD??
  5. srobert thread starter macrumors 68020

Jan 7, 2002
    No, but I think you need component cables tu play the games in widescreen/480p.
  6. Dagless macrumors Core

Jan 18, 2005
    Fighting to stay in the EU
    ^ sorta. Composite can run Widescreen, component will open up progressive scan.
  7. monkeydo_jb macrumors 6502

Apr 17, 2002
    Columbia, MO
    "I love the PowerGlove. It's so bad."
  8. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

Jun 15, 2005
    The Wii does ED. That's enhanced definition - 480p (480 vertical pixels running progressive scan) at 16:9 aspect ratio (widescreen).

Just a quick question. Would connecting my Wii via VGA be better than a SCART connection on my two year old 15" LCD EDTV?
  9. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

Aug 5, 2005
    Is there gonna be PAL Progressive, or are we left out in the cold again?
  10. jdechko macrumors 68040

Jul 1, 2004
    I hope that Nintendo releases some First Party Component cables for $29.99. They'd better, or I'm gonna be really upset that the only component cables are 60 bucks. And I'm hoping for PAL Progressive for you guys as well.
  11. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

Mar 17, 2004
    From what I've heard from developers I interviewed, nothing prevents the Wii from running in HD except that it would take more performance and a lot of the system RAM, and Nintendo isn't providing any support for it, so if anyone wanted to get a game running in HD they'd have to take a lot of effort to do it and would be limited RAM-wise...

...but it's theoretically possible. Kinda like how the PS2 only had a single game that ran in HD, Gran Turismo 4.

I wonder if Nintendo might allow the Opera web browser to run in HD...1080i would be nice.