[Wii] Super Smash Brothers: Brawl Nintendo world video finally here

Discussion in 'Games' started by takao, Nov 3, 2006.

1. takao macrumors 68040

takao

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

It does look great, but i'd disagree with that. Most of the stages look the same shape with different backgrounds. The Mario Kart stage just looks like f-zero from SSBM but with different cars. Still, fairly early in development, i guess.

3. suneohair macrumors 68020

suneohair

WHo is the heck is Meta Knight? メタナイト

Anyone know where he is from? Looks like a metal kirby sorta. :confused:

4. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

A Kirby villian :)

Edit: That is, a villian from a Kirby game.

5. FleurDuMal macrumors 68000

FleurDuMal

It looks really cool actually. Considering everyone bashes the Wii's graphical capability, I didn't think it looked half bad - but I'm no expert. I get more excited by the Wii everyday.

6. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Beautiful. SSB was the first game we got for the GC, and it's the game that we still play since it's launch. This one's goin' to be awesome.

It does look like it's still in early development, but even for that it looks great. So far it looks like the same thing with upgraded graphics. I'm lookin' forward to see what new gameplay elements and chraracters they've gotten.

7. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

The wii's graphically quite powerful as long as it's low res - that's all.

This SSB, Mario Strikers, Metroid Prime 3 : Corruption, Mario Galaxy are all on my must have lists and all look great, but I just hope were not waiting another 12 months before we see them (and dont say that's impossible), we all know what nintendo are like at getting things out (Zelda for example)...

The Wii, when doing Wii designed things is undoubtably going to rock, the wii doing ps2 & xbox things is what I object to, just as much as I object to psp doing things ps2 designed for.... A machine works best played to its strengths, and this is why the launch lineup as it stands leaves me less than impressed.

8. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

When this game comes out is when I'm going to be getting my Wii. Hope it comes soon.

9. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

Wow Wii is getting better and better by the moment... and its cheap and it comes with Wii sports and there is a whole bunch of games coming for it...

Oh I'm getting one :) Super Smash Bros looked awesome, Wario and Meta Knight looked like awesome characters to play with! I do have one question though... are we supposed to play the game with a gamecube/classic controller? Because I don't think a Wiimote can be implemented well in a fighting game.

Goodbye X360 and PS3, Wii has officially won me over.

10. jdechko macrumors 68040

Yeah, I noticed that too. I mean, don't get me wrong, the levels look great: more detail than in SSBM. But It looks like there've been some added levels which is always good.

I'm excited about it, but not nearly as much as Zelda.

11. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

12. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

sweet god.

Smash Bros Melee is the only game from last gen that I would say has any real replayability. I'm still hooked on it and I bought it the same day the commonwealth flame ran past my house about 4 or so years ago. If they so much as took the original game, added more characters and levels then that's it. I needn't look at any other computer or console game again.

Brawl looks cleaner than Smash Bros Melee. I can imagine it being easier to follow when the actions going. It looks absolutely stunning, especially when Link runs alongside Great Fox (King DeDeDe's ship?). bloody hell! Wario looks to have some very funky physics which always makes for interesting play (funny seeing a very good Mewtwo player face off against someone who hasn't seem him before "how the hell'd he do that!?"). Frankly it looks excellent and will probably play incredible.

On a side note I like how they're slowly introducing characters. This time we see Fox (Fox & Falco forming some of my most memorable fights). Can't wait to find out who's in the full game!

13. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

as do I ... I really hope there are 40 + (maybe I'm just being greedy but I think Nintendo could pull it off)

14. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

I saw the 2 Zelda TP movies today, and now this! Having these 2 games would make buying a Wii worth it. :)

I don't know how people are saying that these aren't next-gen graphics. They look pretty next-gen to me! Everything seems very smooth, especially as its still in development.

The new characters seem amazing. I thought the Kirby vs. Kirby villain (meta-knight?) was cool.

15. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

can someone explain why people freak out of Smash bros? I always found it sucked. Wow i can be pikachu and beat up link...yee haw. The dude at EB told me it was THE reason to buy a Wii (besides Zelda). When i told him it sucked he refused to talk to me.

I just don't understand it....

16. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

It contains of a lot of memorable characters, stages and items from some of the greatest video games ever made, it's got awesome gameplay and replayabilty and it's a very indepth game, but at the same time it's easy for people who are new to it to pick up and play. To this day it's as fresh as the day it was released.

17. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

with your 2 different attack moves no less ;)

ok that's not fair, theres actually at least 5 moves per character :p

18. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Don't get your hopes up. The idea of online play has been suggested, but nothing is set in stone yet.

19. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

35 has been quoted as the magic number.

20. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Summed it up perfectly. I just find it the ultimate party game. A few weeks ago I was round my girlfriends place, her game playing mates were there are we just spent a good half of the day on Smash Bros Melee alone. Even unlocked Mewtwo in the process, to say she had the game for a year and hadn't unlocked everything was good. It took me 3 years to unlock everything, the slow process of unlocking alone was addictive as bloody hell. even just talking about it now has me wanting a quick game... gah!
    Transcending is playing a lightning match and getting used to it. Time goes out the window.

Allegedly the idea for Smash Bros was sparked when Shigsy watched a screensaver of Nintendo characters beating each other up on his mac.

watch the HD Quicktime trailer, would kill for a perfect quality SD version though :p

21. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

That. Looks. AWESOME.

Metaknight can glide now in addition to jumping multiple times? He's going to be nigh-impossible to knock off the screen without dealing out a ton of damage...sweet. :D

I'm still holding out for Sonic.

Nintendo announced on stage it was online at E3 2005 and the producer has repeatedly confirmed online play in his blog.

Then you haven't played the game enough. It is an extremely deep (yet with an extremely simple control scheme) platform-fighter that is EXTREMELY fun to play. Never gets old in multiplayer. Ever.

22. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Something about Snake gives me the vibe that he's stalking Samus...

23. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

This game is going to be very fun, Super Smash bros games are not as deep as Virtua Fighter and Tekken and those kind of games but what makes them so fun is the characters and setting, the fast paced gameplay and the arcade-ish feel.

Man, Wii is awesome, there are like 5 games I want on launch (and one, Zelda, is one I REALLY REALLY want) and tons more coming out soon (for example Warioware).

Not as much as I can say for PS3...

24. Avenger23 macrumors regular

Avenger23

This might be one of the games I purchase later on... I haven't decided on what other titles I'm going to get...