Wii thought

Discussion in 'Games' started by sam10685, May 1, 2006.

1. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

i just had a terrifying thought... How likely is it that u'll have to use your voice to control the wii?

2. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Well, I've yet to see any indications of a microphone on the controller.

This thread seems kinda random.

3. Ja Di ksw macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

Doubtful, using voice isn't accurate enough for many things. It works for some types of games, but not all, and not perfectly.

Ever played Brain Age?

"blue . . . blue . . . blue! . . . BLUE!!! . . ."

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

More Important Question ;)

Why do I call it Wii (why) rather than Wii (we)

PS. I like the name now - it's grown on me like a fungus :p

there's enough novel features that have to be proved in actual GAMES with the Wii as it stand's. I pray 2 god there isn't voice control too.

5. 7on macrumors 601

7on

I think I got over the name when the first game for the Wii (since the name change) was announce. Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz

6. Ja Di ksw macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

Let's keep this on the original topic (odd as it was). There's another thread for name discussions.

One prob with putting voice in is this console is suppose to be about people playing together. Even on the DS (Brain Age) it has to be really quiet for voice to work. If everyone is playing / talking, it won't register correctly. How can I get it to recognize my voice saying "Pass!" or whatever if my friend is yelling "Your a** is mine!"?

7. kingcrowing macrumors 6502a

kingcrowing

honestly... I think the voice works really well in the DS, I was in a semi-busy EB games and it was working perfectly and read my voice every time, but it might be because I have no accent at all (I'm from vermont, so I guess its just the American accent) so I'm assuming that is what its set up for

8. Ja Di ksw macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

It bounces back and forth for me with working or not. The only one that I sometimes have trouble with is "blue".

I assumed you were talking about Brain Age, every other game (that I know of) doesn't really care what you say, just that noise is being made.

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I'd put money on it having a mic, not necessarily voice controlled. But for communication. Wii, after all.

10. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I don't think voice anything would be too revolutionary...ahh i mean Wii.....i think its graphics they have in store for us...i stick to this.

Bless

11. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I'm flipflopping my predictions around. but I agree. I think. "you will see it and say wow". it sort of adds up, how they have this big secret left, and the only thing we haven't seen are real screenshots *forgetting Red Steel scans*

12. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

New theory! World of Warcraft is coming to Revolution! So we'll say "WoW!"

13. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

I suppose it's possible for one of the attachments to be a microphone or some kind. I doubt voice control will be a major thing though.

14. auyongtc macrumors member

fret not guys, now that I've moved to Tokyo, I'll camp overnight just to be among the first to buy the Wii when it's out, and then you all can finally solve this mystery.. lol

15. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Wrong place mate, you wanna get to SF in the next 8 or so days! Thats when the metaphorical bomb will be dropped.

16. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

7 days, 10 hours, and 28 minutes until Nintendo's conference to be exact.
    Anyone else gonna be in the audience with me? :)

17. Ja Di ksw macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

Unfortunately, no. Where is the best place to go for info as it's released? I always come here during Steve's Keynotes, but I've never been interested enough to want up to the minute updates from E3 before

18. mulletman13 macrumors 6502a

mulletman13

Today I just realized how awesome Tiger Woods would be on this system... I am very, very excited :-D

19. takao macrumors 68040

takao

i guess when they add a microphone (on upper side of controller) it would work similiar to the microphone add-on on the gamecube ... multiplayer games voice controlled i ngeneral don't work that well ;)

actually i found the voice recognition on the games i played ( only mario party on the cube) quite good ... a lot better than in the past

20. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

Try the Digg.com gaming section when E3 starts i'm sure all the best info will be up there first...

SHadoW

21. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

You, my friend, are not wrong. I used to visit gaming sites to get my info but Digg is pretty much the raw feed. though Joystiq are very good with moblogging.

22. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

Its the truth, because there are so many people on Digg eager to get front page stories, so they catch everything..... Direct Link to Digg Gaming.........

SHadoW

23. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I'd say to open one window on IGN, one window in NintendoPlayers.com, and one window on another site claiming to have a live feed (maybe Gamesarefun.com?). IGN usually does but I found them to be slow.

I know we will.