Wii TV?

Discussion in 'Games' started by zap2, Dec 13, 2006.

1. zap2 macrumors 604

Mar 8, 2005
    Washington D.C
    Well I've had my Wii for about 3 weeks now, and the TV I use with it sometime goes blurry. Its still playable, but it makes the graphics look like crap. So I plan to get a new TV come my birthday, maybe a little before. It will be a xMas/Bday gift(my birthday in Jan 14).

I've been looking a TVs, mostly LCD, possible a cheap, on sale Plamsa(I found a one on sale on amazon) Also I wouldn't mind it being white to match my Wii, but thats not a must.

I'm looking to spend about 800USD, give or take. I don't want to go below 26'' either. I'll only be using it for gaming, and space in my room is lacking so I know I want a LCD/Plasma.

Does anyone have any ideas? Should I go SD, ED or HD? LCD vs Plasma?(I was looking at this http://www.amazon.com/Sylvania-6842...1_6/002-4982346-7813625?ie=UTF8&s=electronics for my Plasma option)

I searched for a thread on this topic, if I missed it send me there because I thought there had been threads like this in the past.
  2. NYmacAttack macrumors 6502

Dec 8, 2005
    For your price range I would look for an on sale 32" LCD HD TV. I know Target and Walmart have had a couple of these on sale the last couple of weeks. Just make sure it has lots of inputs ;)
  3. Dagless macrumors Core

Jan 18, 2005
    Fighting to stay in the EU
    If you're not planning to jump into HD broadcasts and just use the Wii then save money and get an EDTV. I mean HD+small or ED+big I suppose the choice is.

Remember though... Money you save can be spent on more Wii junk ;)
  4. Gizmotoy macrumors 65816

Nov 6, 2003
    I'm using a refurbished 30" widescreen CRT Philips I got for $200 shipped from their outlet during a sale ($320 something regular price). For the money, I couldn't happier. It supports 480i, 480p, and 1080i. For a couple more dollars you could have gotten the rest of the HD specs but I cheaped out. It was only supposed to be a temporary unit, but I really ended up liking it so I kept it. If you can scrounge up the extra room (it's not big, but it's deep and heavy), I'd be inclined to save a bunch of $$ and buy more games.