Wii version of Okami?

Discussion in 'Games' started by ddrueckhammer, Jan 22, 2007.

1. ddrueckhammer macrumors 65816

Aug 8, 2004
    America's Wang
    I know there hasn't been any anouncements but does anyone else think that a Wii version of Okami would rock? The Wiimote would be perfect for the paintbrush...I am hoping that since this game has taken some of Gears/Twighlight Princesses GOTY thunder...(IGN ranked Okami top game), maybe Capcom will port it to some other systems...I may not have had great sales on the PS2 but I bet it would sell like crazy if they released it in the next 6 months on the Wii...

Also, I find it pretty sad that Clover Studios are being disbanded...Both Viewtiful Joe and Okami are such masterful games...
  2. MRU macrumors demi-god

Aug 23, 2005
    Since Clover Studio is not being disbanded, it HAS been disbanded with developers already assigned to other projects according to Edge™; chances of conversion therefore is slim.

And in fairness Okami & all the other Clover games rocked, but dont blame Capcom. Blame consumers for not buying the games. When the recycled crap of last year like Fifa or Madden top the charts and a game so beatuful like Okami is left mostly ignored, you cant blame capcom from deciding to close clover.

On the brightside, both Capcoms other new IP's like Dead Rising & Lost Planet have shifted over 1 million units each, so its not a total disaster for original IP's.
  3. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
    I wouldn't really call over hyped online FPS 'original'.
  4. MRU macrumors demi-god

Aug 23, 2005
    :rolleyes: an orginal ip means the franchise is new. not necesserily the content within.
  5. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Feb 9, 2006
    USA, KS
    Yeah, this makes me think of that "have games gotten more fun" thread.

There are some really good really fun games, but a lot of those are new IPs rather then sequels and people just aren't buying them, then the companies go under. That's happened to other studios as well.

Hopefully people are starting to see that there really is something to new games rather then franchise sequels and fresh content will start doing even better.

I kind of feel like that is often what happens when a new console is added to the mix (like 360), since it doesn't have as many established franchises there is more innovation and more push for new IP.

Let's hope more people buy those great "unknown" games in the future.... if we could get people to look at sequels as lesser then new IP we might just see a nice gaming renaissance... unlikely!
  6. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

Aug 20, 2005
    Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
    This game did rock on the PS2 and a wii port would rock...but like MRU said thats a very slim chance. I don't get it with consumers...they buy the crap and the makers of crap will continue to make even more crap but the good stuff never get sold forcing the good companies to shut down....we really need to think...stupid humans.

7. bobber205 macrumors 68020

Nov 15, 2005
    Okami is one of the reasons I am going to buy a PS2 this summer when I'm better financially. ;)

It's such a cool game.
  8. JackAxe macrumors 68000

Jul 6, 2004
    In a cup of orange juice.
    This is one of the few PS2 games I wanted to play. I was plannig on playing it when I buy a PS3, but I would much prefer a Wii version.

One of the things that has always bothered me about the XBox, is that most its content has been rehashed PC games, so the developers have to limit these ports, or sequels, to accomadate the consle's limited controls. I don't personaly consider that innovating.