Wii : Wing Island Review.

Discussion in 'Games' started by MRU, Mar 21, 2007.

1. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Damn one game looking forward to :- Wing Island , turns out to be a turd and my hopes for a pilotwings bit of fun vansihes in a puff of smoke...

http://wii.ign.com/articles/774/774385p1.html

5 / 10

"Where have all the good games gone ?" They better start arriving soon cause I'm getting really peeved. :( Even super swing golf seems to have been pulled for euro release disapearing off the radar :(

Edit: 1up gave it a great score of 3/10 BAD. :(

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3158124

2. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

The mediocre (at best) games keep rolling in... I hadn't been looking at this game so i'm not that disappointed at it but more the Wii market in general. Also on the IGN wii page is their less review of Cooking Mama which got a similar score, 5.8 overall. While i expected this score, the game had tons of potential to be great.

It really is a sad time for the wii right now. I haven't touched mine except for once in about 2 weeks... I borrowed my friend's excite truck and didn't find it too fun, Red Steel that i lent him was entertaining for a bit but i lost interest, beat Zelda, and conquered much of Wii Sports. What else is there? A bunch of lousy games with decent playability and lousy graphics but nothing thrilling. Until Paper Mario comes out i don't even really think i'll play Wii all that much! It's just not captivating me like it should and it's sad.

Come on developers, stop making games with half-ass graphics and weak playability. Look at games like RE on the GC and the type of graphics you can do on last gen machines, it's time to actually TEST the machine!

:mad:

3. sb58 macrumors 6502a

sb58

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Is this the one by Hudson too? They don't normally develop poo. Another game I wasn't planning on getting gets a bad score :eek: I wish they stuck this into a Wii- generation game (Wii Fly?), gave it a decent multiplayer and then it might have appeal.

5. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Seem's like poo was on a 2 for 1 sale :eek:

I didn't care about the games graphics, after all pilotwings wasn't WOW it was the gameplay that made it excellent. Nintendo dissapointed me with no PW game for the cube, when I first saw this game it rekindled my PW hopes, hence I'm dissapointed.

Added to the fact that the launch schedule for Europe is looking like utter sh*t on the wii. We dont even get trauma centre until the end of July now. :rolleyes:

If the release schedule has little appeal for someone like me who buys a shedload of games - for some of the more judicious choosing types - it's practically non existant....

6. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

You guys don't have Trauma Center!!! WTF?!! :eek:

<]=)

7. pcypert macrumors 6502

MRU you gotta mod your Wii and I'll send you Jap games cheap. Then you can have all the classic tacked on control games Europe is missing out on :D

Paul

8. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Developers can make a cheap buck by porting PS2 games to Wii or adding some waggle to a bunch of mini games.

Fortunatly, IntSys are coming to deliver us from evil in a couple of weeks.