Wii wouldn't mind it sooner

Discussion in 'Games' started by Dagless, Jul 5, 2006.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/wii/wii-on-sale-even-earlier-than-october-185235.php

There you have it. the fabled revolutionary system is in production. factories are pumping it out now. it's finalised. it could be here sooner than we thought.
    interesting, aye?

The Xbox 360 thing intrigues me. Seeing that the 360 would take longer in production (the super CPU/GPU etc) would we see more Wii's in the same production time? I doubt Nintendo would release a limited number of systems. it's not their style. so I think the minimum of 69 days stands.

2. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

Very nice. An early release would be nice, I think I am more interested in how well it does in retail right now then actually playing it. I've just found this generation of system interesting to watch from a news-oriented perspective.

3. Winstonp macrumors 6502a

Winstonp

the things I would do with myself if this were true...

4. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

I wish the Reg would just release the release date and price of the damn thing.

5. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

the things in production... it's either going to be an Apple style "And it's available today", or they will announce very soon. not long to go now!

Planning on buying 1 for here and 1 for the family holiday home in Poland. just carry the controller and games on the plane. just imagining the look from the security people when they see the gun attachment in the luggage :D this is gonna be great.

6. paddy macrumors 6502a

paddy

Nice find jimmi. I personally can hold out though (just got a ds lite with metroid and pokemon ruby ;)).

7. celebrian23 macrumors 65816

celebrian23

8. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

nice one. and brilliant avatar :) I'm half Welsh!

9. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

In production since June huh...ok if you say so...lets see about the launch now shall wii.

Bless

10. count chocula macrumors 6502a

count chocula

i may actually buy one of these. the price point will be very nice and it should be an unbeatable playing experience. ps3 will be amazing as far as graphics go, but i dont want to go into more debt :eek:

11. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

awesome. come one Ninny and give as a date and a solid price so i can pre-order.

12. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

Great! The sooner the better I say. I just hope they don't make it ridiculously expensive here.

13. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

Apparently we'll be "surprised at how much it will cost". But that could be anything (well, in America) where Nintendo systems have always launched at $200.

I still say it will launch at £120 here. console+controller.

14. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

15. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

Sony is really getting the beat down here... now I'm not a nintendo fanboy (far from it if anything I would say I'm a bit of a sony fanboy) but I can see when a company is getting their ass kicked. The wii is a reasonable price for an xmas present.... the PS3 is not.... even for an american rich kid. Thats assumeing you can even find a PS3.

16. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

And I'm half sorry for you. :p

Kidding aside, this is AWESOME. I want one NOW, even though it's still fun kicking my cousin's ass in Halo 2, and Forza is the best driving sim I have ever played.

17. chairguru22 macrumors 6502a

droooooolllllll :p :eek: :p

im predicting the Wii to be US$249 and come bundled with Wii Sports. heard it here first.

18. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

It's meant to be here in November sometime for between $300 and $400. About half the price of the 360 ($650) and about 35% to 40% of the "proper" PS3 - the one with HDMI out ($999).

Not a bad deal.

19. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

lol... here in America, they'd probably take it away. seems like they take everything else that looks like it could be used as a weapon. (i don't know how a Wii attachment could be used as a weapon... but, that's America for ya.)

20. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

With two controllers and the gun enclosure?

21. povman macrumors member

... And THIS is the first time you've ever seen the sentence "Babble to fish my bones from green pots of jelly!"

22. jdechko macrumors 68040

Hmmm.... an early September launch here in the states. That would be a perfect first anniversary present. :p (for me... not my wife.)

23. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Ooo. That's exciting... still holding out for the second round of games, I think. If they drop in September they could have a whole holiday must have game release to push consoles on all the non-launch buyers. Would actually be a better strategy than releasing around christmas, I think. People are gonna buy it when they launch regardless of time of year... getting a bunch of reviews out, and then a second batch of big name titles (stuff that may have missed the launch, etc) out a couple months later to sell a ton of hardware and software around the big sopping season.

Seems about right!

24. 7on macrumors 601

7on

dang, coming out sooner just means I'll be without it longer while other people already have it. :(

25. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

Excellent find.

The Wii will come home with me the day it launches. As a matter of fact, the day they start accepting pre orders I'm going to go ahead and pay for the thing in full.

I want that machine - come on Nintendo.