Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Discussion in 'Games' started by jdechko, Dec 28, 2006.

1. jdechko macrumors 68040

so it finally happened... i had the cash and Target had them in stock. :D

Wii and Zelda are mine. And I got Zelda on Sale for $40. :D

The local Targets still had some, so if you're looking around, might wanna check them out.

(Sorry for the childish thread title.... I'm just really excited.)

2. xli_ne macrumors 6502a

xli_ne

3. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

Go you.

Got all my money saved up. My Wii depends on what joys Steve brings us at MWSF now, and of course when the UK is back in stock of them... :rolleyes:

4. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

I'm still Wiiless, Nintendo lied to us big on the 4 million promise.

5. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

Yeah, I can't help but think that. Tar Well.

6. lamina macrumors 68000

lamina

I can't believe how truly awesome Twilight Princess is. I want to skip work today just to play it.

I also picked up Excite Truck for an all-around fun game that I don't have to think much about. It's friggin AWESOME. The illusion of speed in that game is breathtaking. One thing though, the music absolutely blows. I picked up a couple extra SD cards and a reader, so now I can listen to Tool and such while playing.

7. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Have fun, but don't forget to limber up before Wii Sports (and cool down afterwards) and make sure those wrist straps are on tight! :D

PS I just had to add Wii to the dictionary!

8. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I thought you picked up some SD cards to get rid of the rubbish music? :p

9. Hadley macrumors member

Seriously. Ive been going nuts trying to find one. Every day its the same story "we had some earlier today but they are already gone."

10. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

*nodding solemnly* Same here. Argh. Even getting shut down on Craigslist since people have "already sold" their Wii by the time they email or phone back. :(

11. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

Any word yet on the next 'big' shipment? Or when online retailers will have them available?

12. count chocula macrumors 6502a

count chocula

lucky, i went all around town tuesday and wednesday looking for one. now i'm back in the home town, and i've called 2 targets, a best buy, and a game stop. nobody has them.

I've heard the 31st (coming in the evening before, so they would be available the morning of the 31st).

13. sb58 macrumors 6502a

sb58

i got a Wii two days ago and i just got Zelda. its awesome :D

14. Bobdude161 macrumors 65816

Bobdude161

Unlike the Christmas shopping season, Wiis will now be sold whenever they come in. There won't be a special "Wii day". AAMOF, my local Best Buy sold their Wiis right as they came in off the UPS truck yesterday morning.

15. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Good to see they are at least making it to shelves in some parts of the country. Around here there are still lines waiting when they know stores will have them.

Like anything given time it will eventually be stocked and ready to sell in any retail outlet. But given how fun the Wii is to play I can see how one would get impatient waiting for it to happen :)

From what i know GameStops get their shipments on Wednesdays. They usually do not inventory them until late Wednesday or early morning Thursday. If they arent having a sale where corporate makes them hold stock until Sunday going to one on a Thursday morning might be your best shot.

Good Luck to those looking for a Wii, its well worth the wait :)

Ed

16. Mac'Mo macrumors 6502a

Mac'Mo

17. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Technically they have till the end of the year, but you have to take into account that the 4 million goal is for worldwide shipments, so not enough meet the holiday demand. ;)

<]=)

18. Maxwell Smart macrumors 6502a

Maxwell Smart

I want my wii so much. My dad gave me the $250 to buy one for christmas but no matter where I call they are always sold out. My friends are getting them left and right and I feel left out :( Haha...someone better get one in stock soon :)

19. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

tonight will consist of
    1) One bottle of Crown Royal whiskey
    2) Wii Sports

:D

20. ph0rce macrumors 6502

any one have any idea when the Wii will be back in stock in the UK? I really really want one now lol

21. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I've phoned round and nobody will give me dates. Got a number for my local Toys R Us so I'll tell you what they say tomorrow.

22. paleck macrumors 6502a

paleck

:eek:

Might as well start drafting an e-mail with pictures and video for Wiihaveaproblem.com. :D

23. paleck macrumors 6502a

paleck

The Yahoo Buyer's Guide is helpful for trying to find out who has them in stock online and the Amazon Discussion's for the Wii were a good source of rumors for who had how many and where.http://www.amazon.com/gp/discussionboard/cd/forum.html/ref=cm_cd_dp_sap/103-9224908-0861405?ie=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1D5FVR0TDJZT9&cdAnchor=B0009VXBAQ Unfortunately I couldn't find where or if the amazon.co.uk site has discussions. Hopefully that all helps! :eek:

24. Losium macrumors newbie

Yeah, if anything gets me back into video games, it will certainly be the Wii. It's just so damn innovative, and soooo much cheaper than a Ps3, which is basically a ps2 with better graphics.

25. DarrenSW macrumors member

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Try http://www.wiifinder.co.uk/. Don't know what this is like, but the V-Gamer Wii special (from whence this came) has turned up trumps for me in the past - I got Chipsworld's details from there and got two copies of Wii Play from them a week before Christmas. After the great but undersupported GameCube, the Wii (which came as a Christmas gift from my wife - thanks, babe) has restored my faith in the big 'N', and gaming in general (and my six year old son gets my 'Cube by default. We're all happy!). BTW: if you're planning on playing 'Cube games too, amazon.co.uk and play.com have original WaveBird controllers in stock for £17.99. Nice.

One thing someone may be able to help with - why does WiiConnect 24 fail if I have my MacBook's AirPort turned on? If the MacBook (stock 2.0GHz C2D) is connected to my router by AirPort, the Wii can't even see the router, yet sees one or two belonging to the neighbours. Anyone else with similar problems?