wiimote stop working

Discussion in 'Games' started by brownie, Dec 28, 2006.

1. brownie macrumors newbie

my wiimote has all of a sudden stopped working. the buttons work on it but it doesnt take motions, as in like bowling on Wii sports. has anyone elsed experienced this problem?

2. risc macrumors 68030

risc

If you have done everything like replacing the batteries, re-syncing the controller, checking the sensor bar is seated properly, etc and it still doesn't work you would be better off taking it back to get replaced rather than trying to diagnose the problem on a Mac forum.

1 thing I would suggest is trying another controller just to make sure it is the controller and not your Wii having issues.

Having said all this sure I did have issues with my controllers but removing the power to the console and reconnecting it fixed it, reboots and powering off and on wouldn't. It required the power to be fully removed and reconnected.

3. brownie thread starter macrumors newbie

yeh i have done all of them and this is in the gaming section, meaning overall every kind of game/console can be discussed here.

4. Nik_Doof macrumors regular

On another forum a guy had the exact same issue, all you can do is contact Nintendo if its the one included with the Wii, if seperate, box it up and take it back to the store.

edit: yup, heres the thread

5. risc macrumors 68030

risc

Don't get me wrong I have no problem with people posting about anything here, I do the same. I just don't get these can you help me fix my... posts. When the simple fix is to take it back and get it replaced because it is broken.

6. brownie thread starter macrumors newbie

i was just wondering if anyone else had experienced this before, not if they could fix it for me