Wiki for games on macbool using bootcamp?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Nitromaster, Jan 25, 2007.

1. Nitromaster macrumors 6502

Jan 7, 2007
    Wirelessly posted (NokiaN70-1/2.0539.1.2 Series60/2.8 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Does any one have any links to websites/wiki with lists of games that work/dont work on windows on a macbook?

Looking forward to buying my first mac!
  2. Anonymous Freak macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

Dec 12, 2002
    Don't know of any wikis. Nor do I know of any games that won't work. Just about everything will play, because when in a Boot Camp-installed copy of Windows, you are running a full Windows machine. The only limitations are: CPU speed (not an issue,) memory (shouldn't be an issue,) hard drive space (dependent on how much you set aside,) and video chip (I don't know of any games that won't play at all on a GMA 950, but some will certainly be slow.)
  3. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Feb 9, 2006
    USA, KS
    Windows running on a MacBook will be running directly on the hardware, so anything the hardware can handle should work fine.

In essence this means any Windows game will work, but performance will very based on the game.

You'll be running on an onboard video chip (the GMA 950, 64MB of shared memory) so that will be a big limiting factor.

You might look at these other threads on the subject for helpful info (I know of no wiki on this):

- Macbook Games (What I've tried)
    - Macbook Black, gaming, wow, bootcamp etc etc. from a PC user.
    - How are MacBooks at running games?
    - MacBook vs. MacBook Pro - EVERYTHING the extra $500 gets you.

Hope that helps!