wil powerbookG4 17" update soon?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by derekyiu, May 10, 2005.

1. derekyiu macrumors newbie

wil powerbookG4 17" update soon?..i am planning to buy a powerbook in the summer..any one know any news by apple that they will update it again?
    or should i wait..
    take care
    derekkkkkkkkkkkk
    thxxxxxx

2. paperinacup macrumors 6502

There is no schedule for the next revision. There are TONS of other threads on this issue.

You say you are going to get one this summer so the best option would be don't worry about it and stress over it when the time comes. Cuz no one knows when these things are hitting the streets. :(

I'm in the SAME situation. You could always get one now and sell it later and pay for an 'upgrade'.

3. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

Supposedly there are rumors saying a new iBook and PowerBook will be released 2nd quarter, they are said to both be G5's. If it's true that would be awsome.

4. TreeHugger macrumors 6502

I doubt it. Sounds too good to be true. I think it will still take a while for the G5 to make it into the Powerbooks but if true WOAH! :eek:

5. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

Would anyone really want to spend $3K on a PB G5 version A? If you really need a portable right now get a used PB or iBook that can get you through until they have the Rev. B G5 or dual-core G4 PBs.