Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

derekyiu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 10, 2005
wil powerbookG4 17" update soon?..i am planning to buy a powerbook in the summer..any one know any news by apple that they will update it again?
or should i wait..
take care
derekkkkkkkkkkkk
thxxxxxx

paperinacup

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2005
There is no schedule for the next revision. There are TONS of other threads on this issue.

You say you are going to get one this summer so the best option would be don't worry about it and stress over it when the time comes. Cuz no one knows when these things are hitting the streets. :(

I'm in the SAME situation. You could always get one now and sell it later and pay for an 'upgrade'.

JzzTrump22

macrumors 65816
Apr 13, 2004
New York
Supposedly there are rumors saying a new iBook and PowerBook will be released 2nd quarter, they are said to both be G5's. If it's true that would be awsome.

TreeHugger

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2004
JzzTrump22 said:
Supposedly there are rumors saying a new iBook and PowerBook will be released 2nd quarter, they are said to both be G5's. If it's true that would be awsome.

I doubt it. Sounds too good to be true. I think it will still take a while for the G5 to make it into the Powerbooks but if true WOAH! :eek:

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
Would anyone really want to spend $3K on a PB G5 version A? If you really need a portable right now get a used PB or iBook that can get you through until they have the Rev. B G5 or dual-core G4 PBs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.