Wildblue Satellite internet

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Lee325, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Lee325 macrumors newbie

I have been a Mac user since time began, and I just wanted to put this out there. I have had wildblue satellite internet for about a year and had been satisfied. But this week the company put a system wide modem update, that raise ping times from 600-ms to 700-ms all the way up to 1100-ms to 2500-ms. Packet loss went for 0 to 10% to 50% in some case's. They have over sold the system and now are degrading service to allow for more customers. If anyone was thinking of Satellite internet check out http://www.wildblue.cc/ before you make up your mind. You get locked into a year contract if you sign up for it, so be sure of what your getting into, for 50 bucks a month Min.

2. zflauaus macrumors 65816

Is this a spam rant, or just your opinion?

Either way, I actually saw people loving WildBlue at the beginning on DSL Reports, and now they are mad because of these problems. Aren't they close to sending a satellite up to hopefully resolve these problems?

3. Lee325 thread starter macrumors newbie

My opinion

No this is not spam, and I don't mean to come across as such. I just want anyone that may be thinking about this service to be informed what going on.
    I belong to that forum as well as this and other Mac sites. No Wildblue 1 will use different hardware and so us early customers are out of luck because we own our equipment. Please don't take my word on this if your thinking about it. Check out the site and make up your own mind, just passing on something that mite be important to someone.