Will 10.3 include iTunes 4.1 and QuickTime 6.4?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by woodsey, Oct 20, 2003.

1. woodsey macrumors regular

Just wondering if Panther will include the new versions of itunes and quicktime.

If they do, then i wont bother downloading before friday as I only have a 56k modem.

otherwise i guess i will just have to download them
    Thx

Woodsey

2. Lanbrown macrumors 6502a

It would make sense for those versions to be included, as they were in testing before Panther was released for distribution. If you are getting Panther, you might as well as wait and if it does include them, then you will have them. If not, then you will have to download them.

3. Bear macrumors G3

Re: Will 10.3 include iTunes 4.1 and QuickTime 6.4?

If I recall correctly, iTunes is not bundled with the OS (I could be wrong) so you will most likely have to download iTunes 4.1 no matter what.

Quicktime 6.4 should be with Panther. Note you need the new version of Quicktime for iTunes 4.1 to function properly.

4. Lanbrown macrumors 6502a

Re: Re: Will 10.3 include iTunes 4.1 and QuickTime 6.4?

Look here:
    http://www.apple.com/macosx/techspecs/

It shows you what applications are included, just not which versions. iTunes is listed as an included application.

5. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

I have Panther right now (Yes, a commercial copy) and it DOES come with QuickTime 6.4, but NOT iTunes 4.1. Well, at least MY copy doesn't have it.

6. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

eh... you mean you have that black box ?!?
    Or you mean you run 7B85....

7. woodsey thread starter macrumors regular

Either way, i just went ahead and downloaded Quicktime 6.4 and iTunes 4.1, as i have a beige G3 which wont be able to run panther anyway.

Why are all apples downloads so big? every .1 update in quicktime is 20 meg. which means to get from quicktime 6 to 6.4 you end up downloading 80 mb!

cant they just make little patches?

8. mikeyredk macrumors 65816

like Microsoft?