Will 30" have same pink tint as 23"?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by macharrington, Oct 2, 2004.

1. macharrington macrumors newbie

I've been reading about the problems with the 23". I've read the 20" inch doesn't have these problems. Does anyone know who makes the screen for the 30" and would you anticipate similar problems? Thanks

2. ijimk macrumors 6502a

ijimk

I am recent owner of the 20 inch and can confirm i have had no problems with my monitor sorry i couldn't be of any more help :)

3. crackrock macrumors member

crackrock

You need to calibrate your monitor to get rid of the pink tint. Go into the system preferences/display/color and you'll see the window that's attached to this message. Go through that and it should look a lot better.

To do this right you need a spectrophotometer, but those are expensive and not really neccessary unless you are proofing off your display. The color calibration in system prefs is good enough for most people. See if it works for you, it worked very well for me.

Attached Files:

4. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

I also have the 20" with no problems. So there's no reason to assume that the 30" will be like the 23"... it could be a problem specific to the panel used on the 23".

5. Macs R Us macrumors 6502

Here on My Mac(s) in my house in the USA!
    From what I gather the New ones were ridded of all known problems, how ever, I have not heard of the Tint.