Will a corporate cd work?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by excalibur313, Mar 25, 2006.

1. macrumors 6502a

excalibur313

This may seem like a weird question but I have a intel mac with work and I know that my work buys a site license for XP pro SP2 but it is a corporate cd. Is it different enough to make a difference in making the cd required for installing it on the intel mac?

2. macrumors 68030

homerjward

afaik the only difference between corporate and regular is corporate has no activation. of course, i'm not sure of the legality of such a thing.

3. macrumors 6502a

jamesmcd

Yep I installed from a SP2 Corporate CD. Worked perfectly and no activation, like the previous user said.

4. macrumors 6502a

biohazard6969

do you think it coudl be done with virtual PC install discs? i know its a long shot but thats all that i have at the moment....

5. macrumors 6502a

biohazard6969

does anyone have any idea? i need to know if i'll have to go out and buy XP or not because i really wnat to do this

6. thread starter macrumors 6502a

excalibur313

So the VPC cd has VPC and windows xp? How is it set up on the cd? Is there a way you can extract only the windows files to the hard drive to alter an reburn?

7. Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

The Windows CD that comes with VPC is not bootable. However, the Mac patch *may* get around this as it uses Mac boot files.