Will a refurb rev A Imac still have problems?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Mpowerbook182, Aug 30, 2005.

1. Mpowerbook182 macrumors newbie

Hello

I am thinking about buying a refurbished iMac g5 for 899 or 999 not sure which one as of yet. But i was wondering if the refurbished Imacs are still likely to have the same problems as the rev A's had when they were new or if since they were refurbished that they have been fixed with updated parts? This will be replacing an eMac that was also refurbished but problem free, still works great but want a faster desktop since my powerbook (not refurbished) beats the eMac in almost everyway. Thanks for the help

2. AstrosFan macrumors 6502

AstrosFan

The refurbs are still covered with a one-year warranty so if you have problems you should be able to get it repaired.
    Also remember that the true incidence of problems with the Rev A iMacs is probably overrepresented on these forums. Those people who have Rev A iMacs (like myself) don't often post saying, "This thing is working great!" (Which mine is).
    However, those people who have problems will naturally post to discuss this with other members.
    I'm not trying to complain about those who post; I'm simply saying that by reading these forums you may think the incidence of defective iMacs is higher than it really is.

This is all a long way of saying GO FOR IT!
    The iMac is a great computer and I think you'll be happy with it.

Good luck!

3. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Yes go with the refurb and save some money and put some toward ram :)

4. davey-nb macrumors regular

I have an original G5 iMac 20", I've never had any problems with it and I still love it shamelessly!