Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fourthtunz

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 23, 2002
Maine
I haven't done much research on this so sorry:)
I put an airport extreme card in my G5 upstairs and my westell wirless router downstairs with my G4. Will this work without a base station, just using verizons westell wireless router?
Thanks
daniel:D

benthewraith

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
Fort Lauderdale, FL
fourthtunz said:
I haven't done much research on this so sorry:)
I put an airport extreme card in my G5 upstairs and my westell wirless router downstairs with my G4. Will this work without a base station, just using verizons westell wireless router?
Thanks
daniel:D

Your Westell wireless router is your base station. :confused:

hikingnclimbing

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2006
Gorham, ME
I think he means if it will work without having to buy an airport base station. If that is the right interpretation then I would believe that it would work. In other words, you don't need to have an Apple wireless router in order to use wireless on a Mac. Hopefully that helps. :)

fourthtunz

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 23, 2002
Maine
hikingnclimbing said:
I think he means if it will work without having to buy an airport base station. If that is the right interpretation then I would believe that it would work. In other words, you don't need to have an Apple wireless router in order to use wireless on a Mac. Hopefully that helps. :)

Yes,thanks for the interpretation:)
I thought that the extreme card with any wireless router should work but I had read that people were having trouble getting this to work:confused:
Didn't know if it was possible without the base station.
Hey I'm in Bangor are you doing Katahdin this year?
I missed it last year so I'm back with a vengence this year!
Thanks for the help.
daniel

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.