Will an Nvidia 7300 from the MacPro work on a PC

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Frederic Segard, Sep 24, 2006.

1. Frederic Segard macrumors newbie

I ordered the X1900 for my MacPro. I should be getting it this week. The kid's computer just died this weekend and need to replace the motherboard. Since it's an AGP mobo, and I'll probably be getting a PCIe mobo, I thought on saving money by recycling the Nvidia 7300 from my MacPro and putting it on my PC. Any issues with that?

2. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

While I always thought it would work, recent reports on the X1900's firmware seem to show that it only has the EFI part on the chip so the BIOS must be coming through Boot Camp somehow. This may not be entirely true though since the flash tools used might only be able to detect part of the firmware. The 7300s I've heard work in PCs but I can't confirm this from any sources yet.
    In a nutshell, I don't know! :p There's one sure way for you to find out and that's to try it. If it doesn't work then sell the 7300. I bought one from the Marketplace here for around $100. You could get a PC 7600GT for not far off that.

3. wsgroves macrumors member

Yes the 7300 worked in windows for me when I tried it in my mac pro.

4. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

I'm afraid the OP was asking if the 7300 worked in windows on a machine *other* than a Mac Pro, a regular PC. I'm hoping it will.

5. Origin macrumors regular

Origin

Yes, I can confirm that the 7300 GT of the MacPro is working well on a standard PC Hardware ;)

6. StealthRider macrumors 65816

StealthRider

I would assume that it does - the video card has to be recognized by the emulated BIOS under Windows/Bootcamp, so it should have BIOS drivers.

7. apple_iBoy macrumors 6502a

Is this for real? Your little winking smiley face gives me pause.

I have two extra GeForce 7300 cards that came with my Mac Pro, and I want to craigslist em. Obviously, it would be great if I could sell them to a PC user.

8. ukp1959 macrumors newbie

GeForce 7300 cards

do you still have GeForce 7300 cards for mac pro for sale if yes then quote your price please

9. ukp1959 macrumors newbie

10. Cindori macrumors 68040

Cindori

this thread is 4 years old. I actually doubt he is still selling the cards.

Please l2notbump.