Will any wireless keybaord and mouse work with my mac? Which are the best?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by G5Unit, Jan 10, 2007.

1. G5Unit macrumors 68020

G5Unit

I am trying to find a replacement keyboard and mouse after my horrible experience with the Logitech s530 K and M set. I don't really care what colour it is as long as it's not beige. I just need a bluetooth or regular wireless mouse and keyboard that I will be able to use with my mac, also programable buttons is a plus.

They also don't have to be in a set but they can be.

THANKS!

2. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

3. G5Unit thread starter macrumors 68020

G5Unit

I was looking for some more functionability. Personally, I hate the mighty mouse.

4. musicalmcs8706 macrumors regular

I would recommend the Microsoft Wireless Desktop. You can get bluetooth or regular wireless. I have the regular wireless version and have had no problems with it. Plus there are tons of extra buttons.

5. G5Unit thread starter macrumors 68020

G5Unit

6. macidiot macrumors 6502a

well I have a logitech keyboard and mouse and they work great for me, not sure why you didn't like yours...

Having used both Logitech and Microsoft, imo Logitech is much better. Not that MS stuff is poor, just inferior to logitech.

Getting back to your original question, pretty much any mainstream keyboard and mouse will work. Since you don't like logitech, you might consider MS or Kensington. Or maybe Macally. I agree that the Apple mouse is weak...

7. G5Unit thread starter macrumors 68020

G5Unit

Oh no, don't get me wrong, I love logitech. Just this one product is weak.

I just need a wireless keyboard and mouse that's mac friendly, and also niec looking.

8. oceanmonster macrumors regular

Apple Bluetooth Keyboard and MightyMouse, they have a major advantage because they are both designed to work specifically in :apple: OS X

9. jne381 macrumors regular

I have the Apple BT keyboard, and the one button mouse because I also hate the Mighty Mouse. Even if you don't get the mouse, the Apple keyboard is really good.

10. defsquad macrumors regular

silly question, but you folks with the apple bt keyboard, do you use any sort of wrist prop? i ask because my current logitech keyboard has a little wrist prop that you can hook on to it which is really nice. the apple keyboards look so uncomfortable to type on (i've never had one, always had a laptop keyboard or an external non apple keyboard). if you do use some sort of wrist/palm prop, what do you use?

thanks, sorry to hijack :) please continue.

11. epiphany macrumors regular

12. Stridder44 macrumors 68040

Stridder44

While I think Apple's keyboards are great, I share your hate with their mice. The mighy mouse isn't that great. I would think (almost) any Logitech mouse + keyboard combo would be good. I have had a Microsoft Optical Intellipoint mouse for years and it has served me very well, so I'd recommend trying a MS combo too.

Just goto Best Buy or something and buy one and try it out. If it sucks bring it back and try another one (they'll take anything back opened or not as long as it's within 30 days of purchase).

13. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I hate the Mighty Mouse with a passion, but I also dislike the Apple Keyboard. I've been through two of them and kept having problems with it detecting "double taps" (eg. I'd press e and get ee). I don't know whether the Bluetooth version has the same issue, but it appears to be the same design so I've kept away from it.

Interestingly, I haven't had the double-tap issue with the Pro Keyboard, in fact I liked my old Pro so much that I just got a black one today :D