Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Indo

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 2, 2005
Northern, VA
i purchased a 17" 1.8GHz imac on the night of the tiger with another 256MB stick of RAM, applecare, and .mac. apple just updated their lineup and some people on another forum i go to said that if you bought a product within 14 days of a system upgrade you are entitled for a free upgrade or something like that.

will apple give me a free upgrade? i'm asking here because i'm not sure if they will and i'm sure someone here would have a definate answer. .Mac had a discount on it because i bought it with the imac, will i have to repurchase that?

i'm interested in the speed/bus increase, and GFX card upgrade.

thanks in advance.

-Indo

zach

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2003
Medford
No, they will NOT give you an upgrade. If you're lucky, however, they might give you money back... I forget how soon it has to be afterwards.

Chrispy

macrumors 68020
Dec 27, 2004
Indiana
My experience with apple customer service would lead me to believe they will not let you. I bough an iBook G3 900 just days before the upgrade to G4 and when I called them they said too bad so sad. You may be stuck and they will likely tell you if you pay the restocking fee that you can return it and buy another. I would guess that is the most likey thing that will happen.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
You get Tiger for $10 under the Up-to-Date if you buy a machine the day of or after the new OS is announced...

http://www.apple.com/macosx/uptodate/

You may be eligible for a "rebate" if a new machine comes out within 10 days of your purchase...

https://store.apple.com/Catalog/US/Images/salespolicies.html

Should Apple reduce its price on any shipped product within 10 calendar days of shipment, you may contact Apple Sales Support at 1-800-xxx-xxxx to request a refund or credit of the difference between the price you were charged and the current selling price. To receive the refund or credit you must contact Apple within 14 business days of shipment.
Click on the link and read the policy, and hurry... ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.