Will Apple refund my shipping?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by paperinacup, Aug 18, 2005.

1. paperinacup macrumors 6502

I paid the $27 for 2 day delivery and it only seems like one will be here on time.

iPod shipped 2 days ago UPS Ground and will be here tomorrow
    Printer shipped 2 days ago FedEx 2 day and will be here today.
    iBook shipped yesterday 'IP direct distribution' but won't be here until the 24th!!!

As you can probably tell the 2 day delivery option was pretty much a waste of money. Do you think Apple will refund the shipping?

2. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

3. paperinacup thread starter macrumors 6502

I can't believe I have to wait this long. I just talked with someone who at first didn't wanna credit it back but when she realized that only one item shipped 2 Day she was happy to credit the full $27 back.

4. paperinacup thread starter macrumors 6502

This is what my ibook says

Aug 18, 2005 10:42 PM

Picked up

SHANGHAI CN

Package received after FedEx cutoff

Aug 17, 2005 11:30 PM

At local FedEx facility

SHANGHAI CN

1:28 PM

Package data transmitted to FedEx

So wow when I recieve my package I would have waited for two full weeks.

5. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Happy to hear of your satisfactory resolution. Another example of why Apple ranks high in customer satisfaction.

6. court macrumors member

I am going to have to do the same thing. I got an email this morning that said it shipped on the 20th and that it would be here on the 25th!! That is NOT 2 day shipping!!! She said to call back after I get the computer and they would refund. She said it might come tomorrow but I think when FEDEX says estimated deliv. it doesn't change to an earlier date. She said the 2 day shipping is 2-3 days. I was like "well then why does it say 2 day shipping??" I have to admit though that they are really good and this is my first experience with Apple. :p

7. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

You do realize that 2 days means business days, not calendar days? So you don't count weekends.

8. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

*chuckle* I can't help but to laugh at the poor souls who are eagerly counting every single day... ;) Does that make me terribly evil?

9. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

No, but it might make you evilly terrible... ;)

10. court macrumors member

I know...it's sad that I just wait here. Can't help it. I don't blame you for laughing at me!!

Yeah- if it shipped on the 20th though it should have been here yesterday or today.

11. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

aww, you misunderstood me, I'm not laughing at you waiting for a shipment (I am too you know)... I'm laughing at those who factor in Saturdays and/or Sundays into their counting of the days. :eek:

12. ObsidianIce macrumors 6502

ObsidianIce

quite often Fedex does pad the dates, i've shipped a lot through them as well as worked for them and work for a company that uses them extensively. Plus depending on what you bought the order actually does say 2-3 days. I ran into the issue with them and got a nice straight answer. the website says 2-3 days on some items when you order, but apparently their order processing doesn't "read" 2-3 days it's just says 2 even though it's 2-3...kind of odd and stupid....but the site is pretty clear when you order.

13. court macrumors member

Thanks, that makes me feel better. It would be so nice to get it earlier than it says I will. I'll be happy either way. BTW, I got my Ipod from them finally last night. My husband sat at home all day waiting and it finally came at 9 PM!!!!!!!!!!! I don't get what took him so long but oh well.

14. echeck macrumors 68000

echeck

I drove 15 hours roundtrip to my nearest Apple Store to get my PowerMac so I wouldn't have to wait for shipping. ;)

Of course my wife and I made a fun roadtrip out of it and did other things, but the main reason was to get the computer.

15. PaRaGoNViCtiM macrumors 6502a

Wow, I go out of my way to avoid shipping too, but 15 hours!? Wow!

16. paperinacup thread starter macrumors 6502

If you guys are referring to me about counting non business days then my computer shipped on Tuesday (Wednesday in China and got here today)