will apple replace my iphone.. help?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by glittersparkles, Dec 18, 2012.

1. macrumors member

Okay, I've got a 4S, I'm at student, with no money to replace it.. I'm in the UK, and i've only had it since october, since late november, I've had problems with losing signal for about 30 mins each time (at least), the phone cutting me off and having sound problems during calls, lagging keyboard and yesterday there were purple and black lines all over the screen before the screen died.. it just went black, I got what I assume was a text, as it vibrated but the screen meant i couldn't read it; then i tried to plug it in and do a restore and then the apple logo came on, flickered and now the phone won't do anything at all :(

Does all that warrent a replacement? I've got the box, the reciept, everything. I'm no where near halfway into a 2 year contract, can't afford a new one, will they believe me? There are also no genius appointments available anywhere where I live (in London) so would I have to try and just walk in and see? I'm so so stressed, I'd be so grateful for advice :(

2. macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

Assuming it doesn't have any major physical damage I see no reason why they wouldn't replace it.

There are plenty of Genius Bar slots available at the White City Apple Store for December 24 right now.

3. thread starter macrumors member

White City? Oh no.. i live literally the other side of London, My closest is Stratford City.. and no, theres no physical damage at all.. its got protectors on both sides, and its lived in a case since the day after i got it..

4. macrumors 6502

I was a Genius at an Apple Store here in Australia for just over 2 years.

There are very, very few things that we wouldn't replace an iPhone for, especially if it was still within warranty.
    One of Apple's mantras is 'assume positive intent', meaning that if someone says their phone is doing something, but can't prove it, you need to believe them anyway.

I can't even count the amount of times I replaced a phone just because someone said it was doing something, when I was 99% sure they were just making it up.

I'd say you've got a pretty good claim to get it replaced, especially if its not physically damaged.

5. thread starter macrumors member

this makes me feel so much better, thank you so much!!!